Progress to smile about

Lander

Sat here tonight for the first time in a long time with genuine confidence and excitement at the progress we've made so far and the direction we're heading. Yes it's only the start but the progress and difference that we've seen since Rooney took over has been night and day, everyone is quite literally fighting for every point we get and you can see that on the pitch. Rooney is saying it exactly as it is to the media and no doubt the players, which is admirable, particularly given the off the field stuff that's going on at the moment too.

If we keep going in the direction we're going, we're setting up for something special I think. There may be downs to come, but I'm confident the ups will continue to surface more frequently than the downs.

Not a lot to smile about for most people around the world at the moment, but when football is something you love so much, it doesn't matter if it's just a game it has the ability to give you something to look forward to, in a current climate that doesn't present that opportunity very often I'll take any opportunity to look for that and DCFC are doing that in recent weeks ❤️

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must admit it’s good to finally have a little hope back that we might win football matches. There was a grim inevitability about everything at the start of the season under Cocu, and relegation looked a certainty. Despite the off the pitch chaos, Rooney has thus far done an excellent job at uniting the players and pulling us out of the mess we were in. Through sheer hard work and effort we’ve managed to grind out the results we needed to give ourselves a fighting chance. The work is far from done yet of course, but we’ve finally at least got some hope that we might be able to survive. And that’s progress on where we were a couple of months ago.

With all the negative news off the pitch, and in the world generally, it’s great to be able to somewhat look forward to Derby matches again. I dreaded watching us under Cocu, as defeat seemed virtually certain.

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Must admit it’s good to finally have a little hope back that we might win football matches. There was a grim inevitability about everything at the start of the season under Cocu, and relegation looked a certainty. Despite the off the pitch chaos, Rooney has thus far done an excellent job at uniting the players and pulling us out of the mess we were in. Through sheer hard work and effort we’ve managed to grind out the results we needed to give ourselves a fighting chance. The work is far from done yet of course, but we’ve finally at least got some hope that we might be able to survive. And that’s progress on where we were a couple of months ago.

With all the negative news off the pitch, and in the world generally, it’s great to be able to somewhat look forward to Derby matches again. I dreaded watching us under Cocu, as defeat seemed virtually certain.

Looking forward to matches is the sole reason for the buzz, it’s such a good feeling.

we have a good team and a decent squad albeit with a few gaps.

WR has forged a brand new team with Shinnie and Bielik as key players in the middle and CKR providing the focal point we lacked up front. That’s all good. And the defensive record is fantastic. 

I am a bit worried about what we are about to do in the transfer market however. Ultimately recruitment is what a manager  lives or dies by. 

11 hours ago, RamNut said:

we have a good team and a decent squad albeit with a few gaps.

WR has forged a brand new team with Shinnie and Bielik as key players in the middle and CKR providing the focal point we lacked up front. That’s all good. And the defensive record is fantastic. 

I am a bit worried about what we are about to do in the transfer market however. Ultimately recruitment is what a manager  lives or dies by. 

I have faith that they will make sound decisions to bring in a) good characters and b) players that will technically improve the squad. Time will tell though over the next couple of days ?

Archived