Should football continue in New lockdown

ram1964

Over 60,000 new cases yesterday and nearly 1,350 deaths. Shut it down. Do it now. No matter how you slice it, football players are not key workers. The virus is now completely out of control and tougher measures are required and not just in relation to sport.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Over 60,000 new cases yesterday and nearly 1,350 deaths. Shut it down. Do it now. No matter how you slice it, football players are not key workers. The virus is now completely out of control and tougher measures are required and not just in relation to sport.

So@G STAR RAM, what kind of sicko finds 60.000 newly infected and 1,350 deaths in a day a source of amusement? Ah yeah, that'd be you.

47 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Quite - People WILL catch the virus due to these games taking place, that's madness.

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

So@G STAR RAM, what kind of sicko finds 60.000 newly infected and 1,350 deaths in a day a source of amusement? Ah yeah, that'd be you.

Didnt you put a laughing emoji when I pointed out that China's failure to contain the virus had led to over a million deaths?

Was that a source of amusement?

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Didnt you put a laughing emoji when I pointed out that China's failure to contain the virus had led to over a million deaths?

Was that a source of amusement?

So you were laughing at the latest death figures then. Disgusting. And no, not that I'm aware of as I don't find people dying remotely funny, especially having nearly lost my other half.

Sith Happens

Surely we can have a debate in here without it turning into petty bickering, if we cant merge it with the coronavirus thread.

My view, for what its worth, would be pause the season until Mid Feb (est). We didnt end last season until July so no issue with it taking that long this season.

Ok i get money is coming into it as we have the euros, but have the euros the year after and bin the world cup off from Qatar back another a year....That would still leave 18 months between them. Many of the european countries are suffering second waves which are bad so surely has to be an argument for it.

I have talksport on while i work and they were discussing giving players vaccines as a priority, no ducking way....my mum  (and me if im being selfish) (and by that i mean all those who are at risk not just me and my mum, im not that selfish) are more important to receive a dose of vaccine than a footballer who chances are will hardly even be ill with the virus.

1 minute ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

So you were laughing at the latest death figures then. Disgusting. And no, not that I'm aware of as I don't find people dying remotely funny, especially having nearly lost my other half.

No, was just returning a laughing emoji without comment as you did on about 20 of my posts.

So dont try playing this silly routine.

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

No, was just returning a laughing emoji without comment as you did on about 20 of my posts.

So dont try playing this silly routine.

Pathetic. I've checked the post you cited and you're talking about doing a Fawlty Towers episode over the China's response to Covid and you wonder why folk laugh at you. Feel free to cite the 20 posts where you claim I've spammed you though. I very much doubt I was the only one. Here's a clue as to why...

image.thumb.png.98f1267e52c71e5bad49f146e4988a73.png

1 minute ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Pathetic. I've checked the post you cited and you're talking about do a Fawlty Towers episode over the China's response to Covid and you wonder why folk laugh at you. Feel free to cite the 20 posts where you claim I've spammed you though. I very much doubt I was the only one. Here's a clue as to why...

image.thumb.png.98f1267e52c71e5bad49f146e4988a73.png

?

3 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

@B4ev6ismakes a good point. For many people, football is one of the things helping a lot of people through this.

My elderly parents are pretty much house bound and watch a lot of games (although being West Brom supporters I doubt they’re enjoying it much at the moment). Cancelling football isn’t going to reduce the infection rates, deaths or pressure on the NHS so, provided it can continue safely then I think it should carry on.

I have incredibly sympathy by anyone touched by this horrible virus but we need to keep some things going if we can. If you’re going to cancel football because they are not essential workers then where do you draw the line? Should we cancel all light entertainment on the TV and radio because the people producing them aren’t key workers?

Archived