Rotherham V Boro Boxing day postponed (More Covid positives)

Kooklaram

Should be be good news for The Rams as there fixtures will be piling up in an already congested time, no time for them to rest wearing legs and the chances of picking up injuries increased.

How long will it be till multiple teams games will follow suit.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Kooklaram said:

Should be be good news for The Rams as there fixtures will be piling up in an already congested time, no time for them to rest wearing legs and the chances of picking up injuries increased.

How long will it be till multiple teams games will follow suit.

I posted last week that this will become the norm for a bit .  I strongly suspect that we may have an enforced 6 week break coming in a week or two  so as so many games will be off over positive tests.

No surprise really after our game against them was called off, in fact it would have been more concerning if any Rotherham games did go ahead over the next 10 days.

What is concerning however, is the sheer number of outbreaks that are occurring across EFL clubs. I can only assume this is due to a lack of testing, as the EFL don’t mandate weekly tests like the Prem, and the outbreaks seem to be occurring in lower budget clubs who probably won’t stump up for the tests out of their own funds. Personally I think it’s an awful stance taken by the EFL which really needs to be reconsidered immediately, as it’s putting people’s health in danger. Other countries seem to have regular testing at lower levels, so we need to follow suit and make it mandatory, otherwise outbreaks like this will keep happening.

I only hope that we’re one of the EFL clubs that are funding regular tests out of our own budget, to help protect the players. Given the lack of investment at present however, I’m somewhat doubtful.

Archived