Porter & Davies Injured

Day

Nigel just said on the radio about how tough pre-season training is for some - he said the likes of Green and Martin are finding it easy because there is 'nothing on them' but the likes of KC is struggling because of his build erm..... so what does a fitness coach actually do then :confused: have we got one ? and he came in extra early so he should be the same level now..shouldn't he ?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.therams.co.uk/news/Heartbreak-Davies-suffers-injury-blow/article-2416602-detail/article.html

DERBY County have suffered a huge injury blow only weeks before the start of the season.

Steve Davies, who has been plagued by injuries in his two years at Derby, was hoping for a fresh start in the new Championship campaign but now the 22-year-old forward faces at least six months out following surgery to repair cruciate knee ligament damage.

Rams manager Nigel Clough has described the news as a "kick in the teeth" for the player and the team.

Davies is said to be heartbroken.

"First and foremost, we are devastated for Steven," said Clough. "He has shown a terrific attitude and willingness to get himself right for the new season.

Click here to find out more!

"He was looking in terrific shape and we were delighted with how he was coming on.

"It is a real blow and he is heartbroken."

Injuries have restricted Davies to only 20 starts in his time with the Rams.

He underwent ankle surgery at the end of last season and returned early for pre-season training determined to be in shape for the 2010-11 season.

"I have no doubt that if Steven applies himself to his rehabilitation like he has done over the last few months to get fit, then he can bounce back from this and still play a big part in our season," said Clough. "For the team, it is also a blow.

"Steven was a key element of our plans for the season, but now we have to use the next four weeks of pre-season to prepare without him."

Davies suffered the injury in a practice match at Moor Farm on Monday afternoon.

Quick work by the medical staff saw Davies undergo scans and then an operation at the Lister Hospital in Chelsea, London, yesterday.

He was operated on by leading orthopaedic surgeon Andy Williams, who has become an adviser to top football and rugby clubs.

Williams has carried out surgery on Chelsea and England star Joe Cole, and England rugby players Danny Cipriani and Lawrence Dallaglio.

Derby say Davies, who has entered the final 12 months of his contract, is unlikely to be fit until the New Year.

Rams physiotherapist Neil Sullivan said: "It wasn't until Steven underwent a scan that the severity of the problem was discovered. We're confident he can get back to full fitness this season.

"The operation has been a success and he will begin his rehabilitation immediately."

Davies joins three other Rams players recovering from surgery – Stephen Pearson (knee), Miles Addison (foot) and Jake Buxton (groin).

Right, the insurance will pay the wages of Davies, lets get a striker in. Davies aint ever coming back into the team, and who in their right mind would resign this player?

Put the lad down, a horse wouldn't of had as many chances as he has. I was going to say sell, but who in they're right mind would buy him. I bet Tranmere couldn't believe they got rid.

i think we just need to get rid of him, cancel his contract, ask him to retire anything, our strikers are useless they are either injured or no good, our 2nd top goalscorer last season was barker with 5, we were one of the lowest scoring teas in the league last season and we have done nothing about it:mad: this season is going to be one of struggle i believe, and why are our players getting injured all the time? porter was a 40 game a season man at motherwell, i dont think davies was always a crock as well, so it must be somthing clough or the coaching team are doing, or bad luck but witht he injuries we had last season and injuries mounting up what is going on

i dont think davies was always a crock as well, so it must be somthing clough or the coaching team are doing

Give it a rest Young Ram, you will be blaming Clough and co for global warming next, Davies has never completed a full season in 5 years of professional football. Best he managed was 16 games whilst at Tranmere

well i did say i wasn't sure, the fact is my belief is I have pointed out facts about what is going on in regards to mr clough's managment of the team, i know he's on a shoelace budget and i think he did well for us not to be relegated last season in all honesty, but we do have too many injuries consistently, and the thing that annoys me is many of these injuies weren't unavoidable like broken arms or freak things like that, often they were hamstring strains or groin strains ect, and i know it may see like i fault clough ect for everything but i dont, i give praise when i think he's done well but he should just pay off the dead wood if possible, it's no good having 6 strikers if none of them score

Heres some facts to add to your fact book.

Porter has never started 40 league games in a season in his 9 season career, in 2 seasons one at Oldham and one at Motherwell he managed 34 & 36 games.

Leacock in his 8 season career managed a whopping 39 games in one season whilst at Derby, the closest he has come to that figure again is 22 whilst at Derby.

Davies has managed just 45 league games in his whole professional career (5 seasons).

In 10 seasons Pearson's most games ever in a season is 34 which he managed at Derby last season, before that he had only managed 29 games whilst at Motherwell.

Addison has a foot problem that has always been there and needed major corrective surgery, in his first full season 08/09 he managed 28 games

Now do you think it's Clough and his coaching teams fault?

Heres some facts to add to your fact book.

Porter has never started 40 league games in a season in his 9 season career, in 2 seasons one at Oldham and one at Motherwell he managed 34 & 36 games.

Leacock in his 8 season career managed a whopping 39 games in one season whilst at Derby, the closest he has come to that figure again is 22 whilst at Derby.

Davies has managed just 45 league games in his whole professional career (5 seasons).

In 10 seasons Pearson's most games ever in a season is 34 which he managed at Derby last season, before that he had only managed 29 games whilst at Motherwell.

Addison has a foot problem that has always been there and needed major corrective surgery, in his first full season 08/09 he managed 28 games

Now do you think it's Clough and his coaching teams fault?

you have covered 5 injury vicitms, and porter like you said started 36 games and if porter was always injured throughout his career then why did he buy him, many people have questioned clough's training methods and the fact is there were a lot of injuries last season and it's starting again, what about commons? he was always injuried with a hamstring problem ect, the fact is we had at one point 17 injuries if you could list all of them instead of cherry picking a few that were unavoidable, leacock is a false example because a lot of reasons why leacock didn't play was while he was at fulham and couldn't get near the first team. The fact is our strikers are poor and will/are getting injured already, our 6 strikes are no good, commons is never fit, hulse is our consistent performer, varney is useless, porter out injured and unconvincing, cywka didn't manage a goal while he was on loan here last season so im not convinced, do you think this strikeforce has enough goals in them? we had to watch a dire season last season, i like many others paid a great deal by going to away games and home games watching this garbage and tbh i am very frustrated with what is happening at the club I love and have supported since the age of 6

Just talking about the injuries, "many people have questioned clough's training methods" who? fans on message boards?

How can you question something you havent got a clue what goes on. You tell me what time they start training, what days they train, what training they do?

I'm guessing you don't know, so if you don't know tell me what your basing your opinion on. Also did Clough have the same injury problems at Burton or didn't he train them hard enough when he was there?

Have you ever heard of these players, Michael Owen, Kieron Dyer, Harry Kewell and Ledley King? they have had more injuries than you've had cooked dinners. Are you telling me that the training methods are also crap at the clubs they have played for?

Everyones always looking to point the finger of blame and 9 times out of 10 it's aimed at Clough and his staff without valid reasons.

Did Clough sign Davies?, did he sign Commons?, did he sign Leacock?, did he sign Barnes?, did he sign Pearson? No he didn't. These players bar Barnes had bad injury track records before joining Derby. Actually take a look at the profiles on the Official site, see how many games the players we have got played before Clough arrived, I've had a look and there isn't a great difference, Pearson for example has played more than ever in there careers under Clough.

Besides, we've got a relatively healthy squad at the moment. One or two people out but nothing like the preseason we had last time out.

So - I see no point in worrying about how bad our performance is going to be. Lets wait and see if it is or not - then you're justified in complaining.

The DET tonight has been on about how unfortunate Davies has been.I would consider him very fortunate.The vast majority of workers who have long term sickness end up on £75 per week(roughly),statutory sick pay.Davies has hardly put a shift in at Derby.I bet he has been getting his usual wage for this unfortunate series of events.Softens the blow somewhat doesnt it?

Just talking about the injuries, "many people have questioned clough's training methods" who? fans on message boards?

How can you question something you havent got a clue what goes on. You tell me what time they start training, what days they train, what training they do?

I'm guessing you don't know, so if you don't know tell me what your basing your opinion on. Also did Clough have the same injury problems at Burton or didn't he train them hard enough when he was there?

Have you ever heard of these players, Michael Owen, Kieron Dyer, Harry Kewell and Ledley King? they have had more injuries than you've had cooked dinners. Are you telling me that the training methods are also crap at the clubs they have played for?

Everyones always looking to point the finger of blame and 9 times out of 10 it's aimed at Clough and his staff without valid reasons.

Did Clough sign Davies?, did he sign Commons?, did he sign Leacock?, did he sign Barnes?, did he sign Pearson? No he didn't. These players bar Barnes had bad injury track records before joining Derby. Actually take a look at the profiles on the Official site, see how many games the players we have got played before Clough arrived, I've had a look and there isn't a great difference, Pearson for example has played more than ever in there careers under Clough.

Apparently there were sources when radio derby did that interview with savage, they couldn;t name them but they were rumours. My honest opinon is that we need to get rid of injury prone players e.g davies and loan or buy replacements because otherwise if we have a injury crisis like last season we could be in trouble but we shall wait and see until the season starts then we can all make informed judgements

So your opinion that the training methods are [whatever you think they are] is based on rumours on the radio. Rumours that were denied strongly by both the players and staff?

I agree we need to start looking at getting rid of Davies, Leacock etc. but selling crocks is not easy unless your selling to Derby County.

Archived