Panorama tonight....

Anyone watch it? Basically about suspicious billionaires with a section on Roman Abramovich. I only caught the end of it but pretty interesting. Suggests that he buys players on confidential contracts which actually registers player ownership to 3rd party companies owned by him. 
Says there’s been instances of Chelsea playing against other teams of which some players were actually confidentially owned by Abramovich. 

Goes on to highlight suspicious payments of money circling between all his individual companies. 

Also accuses him of donating circa £100m to right wing groups in Israel potentially influencing the Israeli - Palestine conflict. 

Just mull all of that over whilst also considering we’re being pursued by the EFL for supposedly breaching P&S rules. 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

Anyone watch it? Basically about suspicious billionaires with a section on Roman Abramovich. I only caught the end of it but pretty interesting. Suggests that he buys players on confidential contracts which actually registers player ownership to 3rd party companies owned by him. 
Says there’s been instances of Chelsea playing against other teams of which some players were actually confidentially owned by Abramovich. 

Also accuses him of donating circa £100m to right wing groups in Israel potentially influencing the Israeli - Palestine conflict. 

Third party ownership is banned in England, so this could only have been in Champions League matches. 

He also got Israeli citizenship last year, so not at all surprised about the donations. 

It's enormously corrupt at the top. 

Boris was outed just last July doing a trip to see a Russian billionaire. Funny how earlier this year, Boris made the same Russian a Lord, and he now sits in the House of Lords passing laws that you and I have to follow. 

9 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Third party ownership is banned in England, so this could only have been in Champions League matches. 

He also got Israeli citizenship last year, so not at all surprised about the donations. 

It's enormously corrupt at the top. 

Boris was outed just last July doing a trip to see a Russian billionaire. Funny how earlier this year, Boris made the same Russian a Lord, and he now sits in the House of Lords passing laws that you and I have to follow. 

Steady! We’ll get complaints.

Archived