Championship 10/11

Day

Do you think we'l see another suprise package in the Championship next season?

I'm not just talking about League One club Notts Forest fluking it into the Play Offs, but the likes of Blackpool winning promotion, Leicester also had a decent season.

I've got a feeling, not a gut feeling but a feeling that Leeds will sneak into the Play Offs at the last knockings, also Bristol City under Coppell will have a decent season.

Everyone seems to have written Pompy and Hull off in the promotion race, so who do you think will be in the mix this season? my early prediction would go something like this.......

1 - Middlesbrough

2 - Burnley

3 - Bristol City

4 - Cardiff

5 - QPR

6 - Leeds

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cardiff are getting Malaysian investment in return for Ridsdale leaving, Cardiff won't need to sell anymore.

QPR have Warnock and cash, only means success for them this season.

Leeds, just one of those feelings I have I guess.

1 - Burnley

2 - M'boro

--------------------

Any 4 of Bristol City, Cardiff City, Derby County, Doncaster Rovers, Ipswich Town, Leeds United, Leicester City, Nott'm Forest, Norwich City, Queens Park Rangers, Reading and Sheffield United for the play-off places.

Whats going on now with Portsmouth? thought they'd be in the gossip columns every day with players leaving but today James looks like he might be staying.

Interesting to see if Capello will play a Championship keeper.

Actually Ralph...........

David James's proposed loan move from Portsmouth to Stoke City until the end of the season has broken down due to the clubs failing to reach agreement on the England goalkeeper's wages.

James is believed to be concerned that the deal's failure could affect his prospects of being selected for Fabio Capello's squad for this summer's World Cup as Portsmouth may decide not to play him in order to avoid triggering a clause in his contract. It is understood that it states he would be offered a new contract if he plays 20 matches for the club this season and so far he has played 12 times. Portsmouth, however, strongly dispute the claim and are adamant that Avram Grant is free to select any player.

Stoke had proposed paying half of James's salary – thought to be £50,000 a-week – which Portsmouth rejected on the grounds that his status as England goalkeeper would demand a higher outlay on his salary. Stoke would pay for James only until the season's end in May, while Portsmouth wanted the deal to finish in June, when his contract expires. James is thought to be unhappy that the deal fell through over what amounts to six weeks' wages.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jan/15/david-james-portsmouth-stoke

Nice that he thinks its not a big deal, £300k.

And that's why football is in the crapper.

I'm happy to see a season or two of stabilising, reducing the outlay and getting financially sound - even if it means aiming for a finish above 20th.

David James will hold talks with Portsmouth today about extending his contract with the Championship club.

The England goalkeeper is 40 next month and has been asked to take a pay cut on his £40,000-a-week wages to stay at Fratton Park.

He is keen to carry on playing and, despite interest from Fulham, Tottenham, West Ham and West Brom, has yet to receive a firm offer.

James’s agent Colin Gordon said: ‘It is not inevitable that David is going to leave Portsmouth.’

Now shaddup!

extend his contract, not offer a new one.

‘It is not inevitable that David is going to leave Portsmouth.’ because he's not left yet.

Can you not read?

Archived