Capello will continue as England Manager

Day

The Football Association confirmed today that Fabio Capello will continue as England Team Manager.

This followed a meeting of the Club England Board (Sir Dave Richards, Alex Horne, Sir Trevor Brooking and Adrian Bevington) and formal approval by The FA main Board.

The Club England Board considered all aspects of England’s performance and operations at the FIFA World Cup, and it was unanimously agreed that Fabio is the best man to continue managing the England team.

Club England Chairman Sir Dave Richards said: “We are all still extremely disappointed at our performance in South Africa, and we believed it was important that we took some time to reflect on everything in a calm and considered manner back in England. After fully discussing our performance we remain convinced that Fabio is the best man for the job.

“He went into the World Cup with a reputation as one of World football’s finest managers and we are confident Fabio will benefit from his first international tournament experience and this will undoubtedly make us all stronger for the Euro 2012 campaign.â€Â

FA Board Acting Chairman Roger Burden commented: “The FA Board supports this decision. It is the right decision and will allow us now to rebuild for the future with Fabio leading us forward.â€Â

England Manager Fabio Capello said: "I am more determined than ever to succeed with the England team.

"Sir Dave Richards has called me to tell me everyone at The FA wants me to continue. I explained it is very important we use the disappointment as a motivation in the future.

"I can assure the fans I am now fully focused on our European qualifying fixtures, starting with the friendly against Hungary in August.

"We will look to introduce new players to give the team new energy and I will use all my experience to take England forward.

"I am extremely proud to be the England Manager, it means so much to me and I am determined to succeed."

http://www.thefa.com/England/News/2010/FabioCapello_0207

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Finally the FA get something right, I'm happy with this news, common sense has prevailed.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldnt care less whether they kept him or not.What he must do now is to strip the squad,the likes of Ashley Cole,terry,lampard,gerrard,james,carragher,heskey,upson etc must go and younger players with smaller egos come in.They have two years til the european championships.The likes of rodwell,wilshire,micah richards,ashley young,walcott and even huddlestone now should be given the chance to shine.

This squad has been a disgrace this year and they must pay the penalty,as it is mainly their fault.

I couldnt care less whether they kept him or not.What he must do now is to strip the squad,the likes of Ashley Cole,terry,lampard,gerrard,james,carragher,heskey,upson etc must go and younger players with smaller egos come in.They have two years til the european championships.The likes of rodwell,wilshire,micah richards,ashley young,walcott and even huddlestone now should be given the chance to shine.

This squad has been a disgrace this year and they must pay the penalty,as it is mainly their fault.

I agree 100% with this.

i say get rid of crapello!

lets get an english manager in, someone who actually knows just what the english people want from the game, ie passion ,fight etc

if we are going to have jonny foreigner in charge then lets get a south american coach in , after all the world cup is being dominated by the south americans so far with their style of football

they seem to have the style that suits the big occasions, they start at grass root levels and develop steadily from their.

failure is not acceptable from these overpaid muppets who think they have a divine right to play for england, wage cap the english game and lets see the true english talent slowly start to appear, and while im at it, lets just have 3 foreigners per team in all the english leagues too!

youve got to blame the gaffer surely after that shower of headless chickens were taking oders from him?

after all daveyboy, he picked the team , he picked the formation, and he picked the tactics, it lies with him and the over-rated players.

Had Rob Green not chucked the ball in the net against the USA we would of played Ghana, blame him. Blame Rooney that couldn't pass the ball to a player in a white shirt. Blame the linesman for not giving Lampards goal, who knows we may have gone on to demolish Germany at that point.

We've been down the English manager route and what good did that do us? Robson, Taylor, Venables, Hoddle, Wilkinson, Keegan, Taylor, McClaren. Capello is our most successful manager EVER for games played to win ratio, let him continue and see where he can take us.

I'd love to see English football only have English managers, English players at both club and international level, times have changed tho. How many English managers are out there that you would want to see in charge of England? Hodgson maybe? Paul Jewell perhaps?

I have to disagree trig

Capello did not train Terry to jump under a goal kick and for Upson to be wrong side of the attacker. I would slate my under 11s for letting a goal like that.

he watched these so called player over the season, so he knew what positions they were most comfortable in, he is supposed to be an astute boss. after that performance the only place left for him to ply his trade is over here in the A LEAGUE.

James plays GK for Portsmouth, played same position for England

Cole plays LB for Chelsea, played same position for England

Terry plays CB for Chelsea, played same position for England

Upson plays CB for West Ham, played same position for England

Johnson plays RB for Liverpool, played same position for England

Gerrard plays CM but also LM for Liverpool, played LM for England

Barry plays CM for Man City, played same position for England

Lampard plays CM for Chelsea, played same position for England

Milner plays across the midfield for Villa, played RM position for England

Rooney plays up front for Man Utd, played same position for England

Defoe plays up front for Spurs, played same position for England

A bad supporter always blames the manager.

Capello has won the Serie A 6 times, La Liga twice and the Champions League, how many English managers can claim to have won that?

You only have to watch him on the touchline to see his frustration at the players, would you prefer McClaren stood under an umbrella with his Dutch accent?

James plays GK for Portsmouth, played same position for England

Cole plays LB for Chelsea, played same position for England

Terry plays CB for Chelsea, played same position for England

Upson plays CB for West Ham, played same position for England

Johnson plays RB for Liverpool, played same position for England

Gerrard plays CM but also LM for Liverpool, played LM for England

Barry plays CM for Man City, played same position for England

Lampard plays CM for Chelsea, played same position for England

Milner plays across the midfield for Villa, played RM position for England

Rooney plays up front for Man Utd, played same position for England

Defoe plays up front for Spurs, played same position for England

The only players who gived a damn were James, Milner and maybe Defoe

it mattered,but nowhere near as much as it should.These players are so far detatched from reality it is staggering.They know the price of everything and the value of absolutely nothing!They couldnt give a stuff about the fans,either at home or the ones who paid a fortune going to South Africa to support them.Rooneys outburst after the Algeria game summed them up.

The two week enquiry that lasted four days proves how spineless the Fa are.It was obvious they didnt want to sack Capello as it would have cost too much.

Football in this country needs to be looked at,from kids mini soccer upwards to the Premier league.It cant be right that under 7s and 8s are not allowed to play competative football,but its fine for academies to poach them as soon as they turn 8,only to spit them out later because theyre not as good as the african lad who they have nicked from abroad.

The success of the premiership is at the detrement to the England team.There are too many foreigners.There are three times the amount of Germans playing in the Bundesliga as there are Englishmen playing in the Prem.Its no coincidence that the Germans have got farther than England in every world cup since 1966.

The German league and their players care deeply about their national team.The same cannot be said for the English.Pound notes are all that matters.

And the problem is Fifa won't introduce the home grown rule in fear of contravening EU labour laws. So whilst we can all sit here and say introduce a wage cap and home grown rule etc. it will never happen because of the way the world is now, not football but the world.

Also people are calling for the likes of Hart, Milner, Richards, Huddlestone to be given a chance for England, they will all end up greedy bar stewards who can't be arsed as they'd rather be on a beach on the otherside of the planet with there WAG, andcouldn't give a diddly squat if England make it to the final of the World Cup.

Remember these future England hero's?

.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00663/gerrard_280x390_663894a

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40352000/jpg/_40352515_wayne203x270

http://franklampard.info/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/frank_lampard_west_ham_1

Archived