Wayne Rooney news conference at 2pm

ThePrisoner

Thought he spoke well. Not rocking the boat, but clearly focussed on helping the  team move up the table. If he is fit to carry our team for a large % of remaining games his leadership, creativity and savvy will make us a bigger threat and hopefully propel us up the league. My one concern is not around his general fitness level but that he will be a target for rash challenges. He has coped with being such at the highest level, so let's hope we get a break and can enjoy watching a world class footballer ply his craft for the second half of the season.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Wraggrams said:

Thought he spoke well. Not rocking the boat, but clearly focussed on helping the  team move up the table. If he is fit to carry our team for a large % of remaining games his leadership, creativity and savvy will make us a bigger threat and hopefully propel us up the league. My one concern is not around his general fitness level but that he will be a target for rash challenges. He has coped with being such at the highest level, so let's hope we get a break and can enjoy watching a world class footballer ply his craft for the second half of the season.

I think he just doesn't like doing the media stuff particularly, he does it because he's a pro and he knows it's part of his job. And to be giving a presser when you're not playing, the teams not doing so well and there's nothing you can do about it must be a bit aukward But in terms of what he said, he clearly knows what's going on.

Archived