10/11 New Shirt Launch

derbydan

I was excited about Adidas kits but not so much any more since all over 92 professional teams have Adidas kits too basically.

Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle, Derby was a glamorous foursome.

Now the likes of Stoke, Brizzle, P'Boro, Swindon and bloody Macclesfield have it as well.

Also the Adidas contract is only there to make lots and lots of money with three new kits every year.

I'll still be buying but probably the away kit this year.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Daveo is correct.

Go to this page. The image of those four ugly mugs will change to a promotion picture of what looks to be Shaun Barker in a Derby shirt taken from above.

You can see the Adidas logo in the top left corner of the shirt and the club emblem on the right just below. You can see the stripes end half way down the sleeve just as Bristol's does and the thin lines that appear at the end of these stripes. You may need a magnifying glass.

I've stayed up till 1AM rigorously trying to use clues and work this out. Who's the forum detective now? :)

http://i48.tinypic.com/x6br5c

It's been four new sets of Adidas shirts now and we still haven't had a unique design. :frown:

Goto what page?

Anyhow why would Derby get a unique kit? only Chelsea, Liverpool and Newcastle ever seem to get unique kits designed. Far easier to whack a generic kit out and alter the colours per club, don't just slate Adidas either, we would get the same if we were with Nike, Umbro or any other company.

Goto what page?

Anyhow why would Derby get a unique kit? only Chelsea, Liverpool and Newcastle ever seem to get unique kits designed. Far easier to whack a generic kit out and alter the colours per club, don't just slate Adidas either, we would get the same if we were with Nike, Umbro or any other company.

Oops forgot a linky.

http://retail.wearederby.com/store/

not buying this because it is a rip off and the same old derby philosophy of put a kit out and they will buy it. I am sick of the lack of investment in the club and tom glick and his cronies wants to start putting some money in instead of just releasing crappy merchandise

It's not just Derby most clubs release a new shirt every season now and the prices are on a par with other Championship clubs, not saying it's not a rip off but that applies to every football shirt on sale and not just Derby.

with all due respect, where are these debts? tbh when gadsby left the clubs finances were in order and we were out of debt so where is this debt?

When the Americans took over we were £30m or so in debt, couldn't tell you how we exactly pound for pound got into that debt but a large part was to do with a loan taken out against parachute payments. They have wiped around half of that now.

You might moan about the new shirts coming out each season but shirt deals and merchandise sales go towards reducing the debt, nobody has to buy one but don't moan about shirt deals as ultimately it's helping the club.

The new shirts are a blatant rip off and I understand that. But I can't attend most games so I feel that buying a replica shirt for £40 a piece every year is supporting the club ultimately.

The new one doesn't look great but I'll probably get it anyway. That, or the away shirt. We're going to be wearing our away shirt on the first game of the season anyway.

Archived