The master plan

Brentford keep signing players who they develop and sell for good money. They are unlikely to get automatic promotion but it is a model that suits them. Villa got five quality expensive loans in to add to their good players which got them promotion. We need to blood younger players which veers to the Brentford model. This is why I think a two year plan is ideal. Try to get into top six whilst bringing three academy players through this year then go all out for automatic promotion the following year. We have, I think eight players who can leave at the end of this year, some of which we could ship out at Xmas if they are not going to figure in season two. We should have a clear style of play by Xmas and may be able to put on a surge after Xmas. The players out of contract in a year should not be playing if they are not going to be staying after being assessed by Cocu. A year for our best academy players coming into and being established in first team is vital if they are to be part of the automatic promotion push the following year. Cocu has already made it clear that each individual player has a specific job to do. If they cannot do it then try the academy player in his place and ship the first player out. In short identify who could be good enough for a strong promotion push in the second year then if nobody on books sign one and hope it works. How long does it take to assess a player? That is what Cocu and the staff are being paid for at Derby County. Look for steady improvement. Knight looks favourite to get a chance soon. Big game for the young players on Thursday. Show us what you can do.COYR

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

Rb- not unless Bogle is sold but if he goes not seen enough to be convinced we have a second first team standard academy RB

Holmes can also cover right back.

2 hours ago, Rampage said:

Brentford keep signing players who they develop and sell for good money. They are unlikely to get automatic promotion but it is a model that suits them. Villa got five quality expensive loans in to add to their good players which got them promotion. We need to blood younger players which veers to the Brentford model. This is why I think a two year plan is ideal. Try to get into top six whilst bringing three academy players through this year then go all out for automatic promotion the following year. We have, I think eight players who can leave at the end of this year, some of which we could ship out at Xmas if they are not going to figure in season two. We should have a clear style of play by Xmas and may be able to put on a surge after Xmas. The players out of contract in a year should not be playing if they are not going to be staying after being assessed by Cocu. A year for our best academy players coming into and being established in first team is vital if they are to be part of the automatic promotion push the following year. Cocu has already made it clear that each individual player has a specific job to do. If they cannot do it then try the academy player in his place and ship the first player out. In short identify who could be good enough for a strong promotion push in the second year then if nobody on books sign one and hope it works. How long does it take to assess a player? That is what Cocu and the staff are being paid for at Derby County. Look for steady improvement. Knight looks favourite to get a chance soon. Big game for the young players on Thursday. Show us what you can do.COYR

I say just do as best you can with players we have, a few quality loans and a couple of permo signings. If that ends in promotion, happy days. If it doesn't, we go again next year

Archived