Player ratings v Leeds

Obi1Kenobi0

Oh my, best away performance (given the context) I've seen since, well I can't think of one better.

My highly dubious ratings as follows

Roos - 8:  Steady under high pressure, especially last 10 minutes. Really hope we get that contract sorted.

Bogle - 8: Plays with no fear, more of an outlet this game and tighter at the back, immense for 18.  Whatever happens we'll struggle to keep him in the long term.

Keogh - 8:  At fault for the first but put that behind him and played with composure and grit.  What a pass for Marriott.

Tomori - 8:  Some rushes of blood which isn't surprising but he was a rock at the back as well.

Malone - 4:  Really hate to be negative but his positional sense is awful never tracks his man and never stops a cross.  Would have been a 3 if not for that block.  Won in spite of him (sorry).

Holmes - 6: Was tidy and tried to carry the ball when he could.  

Johnson - 7.5: Protected the back four as much as could, real grit.  Just struggles with the out ball when he regains possession.

Wilson - 7.  So composed for the penalty and always a willing runner.  Loses possession too much and not quite on it with set pieces.

Mount - 8.5  Battled so hard and such quality on the ball, crucial goal and a real threat with his dribbling.

Lawrence 7.5.  Better down the middle, willing runner and put in a real shift defensively. Loses possession too easily by trying to be fancy.

Bennett 8.  Really battled and the penalty win was massive.  Linked up well with Marriott.

Subs

Marriott 9. (MOM).  CHanged the game. Came in from the cold and was ice cold clinical. Natural born finisher and predator. HAS TO START at Wembley.  

Hudds. 7 Composed and protected the back four, just not mobile enough as we know.

Cole.  Not on enough for a rating but wish he'd started.  

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived