U23s v Newcastle United - PL Cup Quarter Final

Day

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Aye looks an interesting team that, should be worth a watch to see the likes of bird and Mitchell-Lawson playing, big futures for them and the likes of sibley based on what I’ve seen before.

Put Home & Away and Neighbours on record, watch them after. U23 games have been fairly entertaining recently, delaying my afternoon nap to watch.

Bit confused by Marc Edworthy's point there. Talked about how nice the balance we have is then just listed a whole bunch of players, on the left and in the middle of the pitch, who are all left footed. ? 

I don't know if the numbers add up so that his point was we have a good split of right footed and left footed players, but he trailed off a bit. 

He quite often forgets what point he's making before he's finished his sentence. It's quite endearing.

6 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Big gap this between the 23's and 1st 11.

Think that's always true at every club tbh, unless someone's first team is particularly awful while their youth team is particularly good.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Think that's always true at every club tbh

You can see why only one or two ever reach the next level. If you are 21 plus, you really should be making a mark for yourself if you are ever going to achieve anything. 

Just now, Angry Ram said:

You can see why only one or two ever reach the next level. If you are 21 plus, you really should be making a mark for yourself if you are ever going to achieve anything. 

Most of these players are younger than 20. We do have a couple older, but I think the more talented players are the younger ones, i.e. Mitchell-Lawson, Whittaker, Bird, Sibley, Macdonald...etc. 

3 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

That's true. Although it's worth remembering that there are an awful lot of footballing opportunities below Derby's level - very few players who play (regularly) for Cat One academies fail to have professional careers of some form, but yeah only a handful per club (the majority of Cat One clubs being premier league) make it to Prem/Champ level at a young age.

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Most of these players are younger than 20. We do have a couple older, but I think the more talented players are the younger ones, i.e. Mitchell-Lawson, Whittaker, Bird, Sibley, Macdonald...etc. 

and Hunt! Our best U23 CB at 19.

Archived