U23s v Wolves @ Pride Park 17/03/19, Free Entry

Day

6 hours ago, ShoreRam said:

Well said, I'm surprised at how little attention our academy's success is drawing. To be in those positions in the leagues and decent progress in cups is staggering for a championship club. Almost all of the premier league clubs are hoovering up players at U18 and U23 levels from Europe and beyond and to be achieving so much against is fantastic.

I agree. Whilst there are a few regular posters who visit the academy and associated matchday threads, watch them on RamsTV,  attend under 23 and 18 matches where we cam, it does really surprise me that there is a large section of our membership who don't seem particularly interested in what is happening at this level. 

We are playing some of the best and richest academies in the country and are matching them for skill and beating them for teamwork and endeavour week in and week out. 

The football is so enjoyable to watch too and it makes me very excited for the club's future.

I suppose I should have posted this in the academy thread rather than here but just responding to your well-made point.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, angieram said:

I agree. Whilst there are a few regular posters who visit the academy and associated matchday threads, watch them on RamsTV,  attend under 23 and 18 matches where we cam, it does really surprise me that there is a large section of our membership who don't seem particularly interested in what is happening at this level. 

We are playing some of the best and richest academies in the country and are matching them for skill and beating them for teamwork and endeavour week in and week out. 

The football is so enjoyable to watch too and it makes me very excited for the club's future.

I suppose I should have posted this in the academy thread rather than here but just responding to your well-made point.

Our long-distance scouting methods at youth level should be a model to all Championship clubs. We've turned 5-figure fees into multi-million pound assets. Credit to MM for giving DW the budget.

Archived