Forest away moved

WystonRam

On 04/01/2019 at 17:45, Mucker1884 said:

I doubt Sky would televise it just on Notts police say so!

Sky want it, Sky move it.  Only then do the police may their plans accordingly.

If it was moved to Monday night (or any other day/time) and NOT on Sky, then you could assume it was down to the police, but not in this instance.

As of the time I posted it wasn't listed on the Sky live games list - I did check that before posting - I merely thought the reaction of the Sheffield police to derby games might be something we need to watch out for in the future

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 04/01/2019 at 21:00, ossieram said:

Derby is an engineering city with 1000's working shifts at places like Rolls Royes, Bombardier and Toyota along with all the smaller companies like the one I work for that support the big companies. And it must be nice to work somewhere that lets as many people book any days off that they need without having a limit. 

Whilst I agree there probably are 1000s of fans working shifts in Derby, at no point does he claim to work for a company that allows unlimited days off. Shift work also allows for annual leave, as you know it's usually worked out based on average shifts over a 2-3 month period. Obviously I don't know your company's policy, but I wouldn't say 2 months is unreasonable notice for a day off / change of shifts or even getting a half-day off to cover the game. Again, I don't know your circumstances etc. Plus, you might be fighting with other Derby fans wanting to attend / watch the game.

That said, I completely agree with you that a Monday night game is rubbish from a matchday experience perspective, with less build up and time to get to the game. Unfortunately, it's just something Sky are able to do nowadays.

Archived