how gulable can people be?

trigger

how many emails have we all had asking for money from scam artists?

i hope this sentance sends out a message to all conmen and woman.

A Queensland woman who was conned out of more than $40,000 in an online scam will get some of the money back today.

Police say the 56-year-old Gold Coast woman was tricked into helping a 25-year-old Nigerian uni student who posed as a middle-aged British widower needing money for medical and travel expenses.

The Nigerian Economic and Financial Crime Commission, set up to investigate scams being run out of Nigeria, has recovered some of the money and she'll get a cheque later today.

The student was convicted and sentenced to 19 years in jail by a Nigerian court last year.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the ones that get me are the people that fall for the same con over and over again, and then come out with something like "I couldn't believe two people would try the same thing, the second people seemed so understanding and supportive over my suspicions after the first scam"

i used to email them back saying in was willing to help but couldnt do some of the things they were asking, one time i went for about 15replys till i think they final realised i wasnt gonna give them my bank details or fly out a meet them for real.

i dont get them emails any more, which i think is a shame

Just send them back random photos, I used to send a picture of a Penguin, toaster or dildo. In the end I got bored as they never replied so I spent the time to setup my spam filter, shame really as I seem to have blocked all the links now as well.

Archived