Tommy Smith - Portsmouth

Boycie

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was alright i suppose the new head was just coming in when i left dr. davies seemed like abit of a pr1ck more bothered about uniform / look of the school than actually improving teaching ect even turned the tennis courts into a flaming car park so the teachers / governors had a better place to park rather than having to walk from one end of the campus to th other some good teachers tho mrs moore, mr hall (history), mr wiggins (p.e), and mr wynne the old head were all good

very strict when i was there, you got the cane if you were late for assembley three times. uniform even down to the size of your tie was enforced, a guy in my class called david king played for the rams for a while, didn't make the grade though.

Taken from the bottom of the Buijs article on the DET...........

A number of Championship clubs showed an interest in Smith and the Rams were willing to pay a substantial chunk of the player's wages.

"If Portsmouth had decided to let him out, with our links with him in the past he'd have been ok to come," said Clough.

"But Tommy's got a chance of an FA Cup semi-final and an appearance at Wembley.

"It's a little bit puzzling because you read about the debts and that Portsmouth are going to sell players before the end of the season.

"We were offering to pay a substantial part of Tommy's wages for five or six weeks but maybe they thought if they use him and get through the semi-final, they could make a lot more money.

"Purely from the administrator's point of view, the best deal would have been him coming to us.

"Tommy's a player we've admired, even when he was at Watford.

"We will keep an eye on the situation but it depends on what happens with his contract at Portsmouth."

Smith has started Portsmouth's last two Premier League games.

http://www.therams.co.uk/news/Rams-boss-Clough-flies-Holland-check-Buijs/article-1948931-detail/article.html

Archived