Thoughts to myself for season

FindernRam

1. Do not write the season off if we don't win any of the first five games unless Frank quits in disgust.

2. Do not write season off if we don't sign anyone semi famous

3. Despite all instincts do not moan about any individual player as long as he puts himself about in a game.

4. If we are leading the table at Xmas do not say January is coming!

5. In January book 2 month trip to Patagonia or desert island until spring for health reasons. 

6. When the Early bird deadline is in the middle of a bad run, again, do not say I'm not getting a ticket this year just go and do it!

I'm hopeless at keeping resolutiions so will I manage these good intentions!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

1. DO write off any and all expectations, enjoy seeing what might happen, have a little sense of optimism and look at the big picture/long game rather then the individual game

2. Wear a warmer coat for the Jan/Feb games

This is mine

21 hours ago, cheron85 said:

look at the big picture/long game rather then the individual game 

At my age this is a limited time option. I wasn't born when we won the FA Cup, I was 26 last time we were Champions. How long can I wait? 

2 hours ago, FindernRam said:

At my age this is a limited time option. I wasn't born when we won the FA Cup, I was 26 last time we were Champions. How long can I wait? 

I meant season rather than game - If we have one bad result it's fine as long as the football we play is good - If we lose to a team playing well that's not a problem - Looking at the bigger picture in terms of style and eventual progress rather than worrying about each game like it's all over

And I struggle to weep for you, in the most positive of ways ?- I've never seen us as champions and the way football has changed may never get to see that - You'd seen it twice before you were my age - The best I have to go on is finishing just outside the European places under Smith... 

Ah the memories of standing outside the council house watching the team celebrate on the balcony! Despair when Clough left, then joy again under the only Mac worth mentioning.

We may never hit those peaks again, but I hope to get to the prem before I'm too old to understand what I'm seeing. My Mother is a sprightly 94 so there is some hope for me?.

Archived