World Cup VAR

Sith Happens

3 hours ago, cannable said:

‘Keeper saved it. 

That’s even worse. So ducking close!! It’s actually better in terms of a scoring opportunity that it came off the keeper. You can stand one side of the post and slam it against the post and say you hit the post, but in reality, it would be physically impossible to get it around the post. But Kane shot on target, despite the angle (and if he didn’t sterling was there), and it hit the keeper to better direct it towards the goal. So it would’ve hit the front of the post rather than the side of it. 

So whereas I was secretly fooling myself into thinking it was close, when I’m reality, the angle wasn’t there, and the chance had gone, in actual fact, it really was a bloody close call. 

How it could’ve all been so different. France could’ve been giving us a spanking instead. 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
2 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

That’s even worse. So ducking close!! It’s actually better in terms of a scoring opportunity that it came off the keeper. You can stand one side of the post and slam it against the post and say you hit the post, but in reality, it would be physically impossible to get it around the post. But Kane shot on target, despite the angle (and if he didn’t sterling was there), and it hit the keeper to better direct it towards the goal. So it would’ve hit the front of the post rather than the side of it. 

So whereas I was secretly fooling myself into thinking it was close, when I’m reality, the angle wasn’t there, and the chance had gone, in actual fact, it really was a bloody close call. 

How it could’ve all been so different. France could’ve been giving us a spanking instead. 

Haha!

Looking at how France were ripped apart in the first half of the final only to be saved by two terrible reffing decisions, how close England were to the final and not impossible that we could have won it. But Mbappe does look special and I think England, like Croatia in the second half may not have had enough in the tank after the 120 minutes on Wednesday. 

Archived