Outs before Ins

JHB

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I seem to have provoked some radically opposing views. I wasn't suggesting the overall achievements of the last say 5 seasons has been poor, but although we made the play-offs this year I don't think many outside the club gave us much chance of succeeding  against the other 3 teams. If the season had been 3 or 4 games longer would we have been in the play-offs? Even when we were doing well the performances weren't that impressive.

The older players although undeniably of decent quality, probably can't sustain high impact performances over the grind of a season, that's why it's so important to have some energy (youth) with a smattering of experience.

My point on back room staff is that Phillips apart as far as I know, all came with Rowett so I can't seeFrank wanting to have them on board, and for my money I can't see what Phillips has added to the part.

One final view - what does a goalkeeping coach teach a 31 year old ex-England goalkeeper?

Cheers

On ‎14‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 15:31, JHB said:

One final view - what does a goalkeeping coach teach a 31 year old ex-England goalkeeper?

Cheers

What they teach depends whether they're a good coach or not. Same for any player being coached!

Archived