My probably unpopular theory of Mel

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think Mel has made mistakes and now is trying to make up for them - you can't erase the past, nor will it be forgotten. But he can start to put it right - the new manager will give us a clue as to whether he's getting there or not imo.

I’d say the hiring of the new manager is a clue, however the bigger picture is if MM has created an environment that means we can’t attract the kind of manager that we want or keep them.  

Not saying it’s the case, however if he is difficult to work with, then will this put off potential managers? If for example the new manager comes in and finds that he is so hands on that they are not able to deliver on their remit, the chances are that they are going to jump ship at the earliest opportunity and we will find ourselves in this situation again.  It could be that he likes to be in total control of anything associated with the club, I wonder if there any instances of that happening that may indicate this.

As I said, all of the above is unfounded and unsubstantiated of course, however I’m just saying if that was the case for manager no 7 is it ? ?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

If for example the new manager comes in and finds that he is so hands on that they are not able to deliver on their remit, the chances are that they are going to jump ship at the earliest opportunity and we will find ourselves in this situation again. 

You'd think that any potential manager might expect an owner to be hands-on, especially one with previous. But I guess it depends whether it interferes with a managers plans or whether it just gives them an excuse for being cr3p?!

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You'd think that any potential manager might expect an owner to be hands-on, especially one with previous. But I guess it depends whether it interferes with a managers plans or whether it just gives them an excuse for being cr3p?!

Possibly, I don’t think there is any excuse for the last one ?

Archived