Harper's Little Helpers

NorfolkRam

Hi all,

In September 2016 my daughter Harper was born via emergency C section due to a lack of movement. Fortunately for us we went to the hospital after previously being turned away and we found that if we had been half an hour later then she wouldn't have made it.

Harper has had to battle from day one and after a 50 day stay in NICU with Hypoglycemia and Hyperinsulinism she was able to come home. Unfortunately we found from this that due to her low blood sugars she had formed multiple cystic lesions on her brain, this has then caused for Harper to have Spastic Quadriplegic Cerebral Palsy and is she is able to walk it will likely never be unaided.

Harper is a beautiful little girl (all fathers say this, but she really is) and she has fought so hard. Through our research we have found about an operation call Selective Dorsal Rhizotomy (SDR) this operation is not funded by the NHS and is performed in America. This is a spinal operation that looks to cut out the nerves causing the spasticity and is Harper's only chance of being able to walk unaided. Along with this it will help prevent deformities in Harper's joint that the spasticty will cause which in turn will cause her a lot of pain later in life.

Cerebral Palsy is incurable, there really is nothing we can do with regards to the brain damage so this is our only hope for Harper to live a normal life and be able to benefit from the every day things that we take for granted such as walking.

As a big Derby fan I can only come forward pleading for any help we can get, we need to raise £80,000 for the operation and intense physiotherapy that she would need to undertake. Any support is greatly appreciated. If you are able to donate or share across social media that is great also your if the company you work for does charitable donations then please contact me. If you do runs for fun then why not for charity? As I've said any help is greatly appreciated!

Below are links to a Bliss article that was written about Harper's early months and also a link to her Just4Children page. Please take 5 minutes out of your day to have a read.

https://just4children.org/children-helped2018/harpers-little-helpers/

https://www.bliss.org.uk/natashas-story-11-17

You can also follow Harper's progress on Facebook (Harper's Little Helpers) Instagram (harperslittlehelpers) and twitter (@harperhelpers)

We have been in contact with the club and I can confirm we are working on some club related bits for Harper and I have to say the club have been amazing. I have (this morning) received a gift that is going to be auctioned off to help raise some money for Harper and I will let you all know how and when this will be happening.

Again, any help will be appreciated so much and just getting the word out to others will make a huge difference so if you are unable to donate then please share, we recently had a share that found its way to Alan Hinton who tweeted and that has opened other avenues for us so it really does make a difference!

Thank you all again in advance.

Steve 

image.thumb.png.f70a833436e1bb4fb6fbcfd2c0820a87.png

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you all for your response so far. It's great to know the message is getting around in these early stages. It's going to be a tough time raising that sort of money but we are determined to see it through and get her the helps she needs.

Archived