Leeds Hatred?

staffswhite

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This maybe quite a shock to some of you but we actually dont have a problem with derby as far as I'm aware, obviously we have strong links with the likes of man ure, Millwall and chelsea but I'am surprised that the hatred is still there from the 70's. I would agree that we do have some scum bag fans and I'am ashamed that they share the same stand with me, it has amazed me tho over the last few weeks that we are vastly becoming the nations 2nd favorite team (like it or not) i think are cup exploits over scum and spuds have made more people like us and soon we will start to see the disappearance of the "dirty leeds" title.

And on another note, i must admit i did enjoy your victory over forest, i really cant stand that team and the city itself.

i think its allways been one way, but anyone does anything to upset us, they become instant hate figures for life, sometimes you only have to be a slightly ***** plpayer to get the scorn, a la gary teale! :eek:

i was gonna say im sure you beat norwich as i won money on that game, beckford scored last minute, from a poor goal kick

and leeds have also beat man united, and i felt a bit unlucky against spurs, leeds are a team very much back on the up, they also have 2 games in hand on norwich im not sure who they are against, but i feel as the season goes on leeds will finish top of the table

which is annoying, as id love norwich to finish top, as my house mates a massive canary, and hes the only person i know outside of derby who hates forest as much as me for no other reason then he hated marlon harewood when he was at forest, and itd be nice for leeds to feck it up again ;)

i was gonna say im sure you beat norwich as i won money on that game, beckford scored last minute, from a poor goal kick

and leeds have also beat man united, and i felt a bit unlucky against spurs, leeds are a team very much back on the up, they also have 2 games in hand on norwich im not sure who they are against, but i feel as the season goes on leeds will finish top of the table

which is annoying, as id love norwich to finish top, as my house mates a massive canary, and hes the only person i know outside of derby who hates forest as much as me for no other reason then he hated marlon harewood when he was at forest, and itd be nice for leeds to feck it up again ;)

BARRman i too won a lot of money on both the norwich and scum game, we definately are a team on the up i agree with the manager and young players we have anything is possible next season. I feel we are a better team compared to the forest team that got promoted from the league one. But leeds being leeds we're normally do things the hard way or just feck up in general. However it would be nice to play you guys again next season tho, i always did enjoy going to pride park as its a lovely stadium, despite the chavs in the right hand corner next to the away fans giving it large, never mind bless :rolleyes:

How do you see derbys season ending?

BARRman i too won a lot of money on both the norwich and scum game, we definately are a team on the up i agree with the manager and young players we have anything is possible next season. I feel we are a better team compared to the forest team that got promoted from the league one. But leeds being leeds we're normally do things the hard way or just feck up in general. However it would be nice to play you guys again next season tho, i always did enjoy going to pride park as its a lovely stadium, despite the chavs in the right hand corner next to the away fans giving it large, never mind bless :rolleyes:

Ehhhh, i sit up there... but i agree there are tw*ts up there but thats where the atmosphere is at if there is one.

Take it you went to the cup game?....

haha you cheeky bugger i used to be one of them when i lived in derby!

honestly i see us fading into midtable obscurity, which would be lovely for a change, i dont think my nana could put up with another nervy end of season run like last year!

i mean on our day we can beat the big boys, and we more than held our own against brum, i just dont think we can or will be able to reach the playoffs, it would be nice, but really a playoff campaign might possibly hamper our campaign, finishing mid table is all i expect about 12th maybe a few places higher would be where i see us finishing

Ehhhh, i sit up there... but i agree there are tw*ts up there but thats where the atmosphere is at if there is one.

Take it you went to the cup game?....

i did indeed mate, great cup game it was too, never seen a team that could dominate a game for 70mins and still lose, even your manager at the time, paul jewell said we should have won, but hey ho footballs a strange old game. :rolleyes:

haha you cheeky bugger i used to be one of them when i lived in derby!

honestly i see us fading into midtable obscurity, which would be lovely for a change, i dont think my nana could put up with another nervy end of season run like last year!

i mean on our day we can beat the big boys, and we more than held our own against brum, i just dont think we can or will be able to reach the playoffs, it would be nice, but really a playoff campaign might possibly hamper our campaign, finishing mid table is all i expect about 12th maybe a few places higher would be where i see us finishing

with the mrs being a derby fan and her family having season tickets i do go to a few games with her, as im a season ticket holder at leeds i get her in to a few leeds games with me (its only fair) i've watched you against peterborough,plymouth, blackpool and forest(with work) and it appears that you have the same problem with what leeds do, when ever you play the big teams you players turn up and put on a big performance (forest, newcastle even scum in the carling cup) but whenever you play the small teams you can see then players find it hard to motivate themselves for example the ssausagehorpe game and thats the cutting edge between mid table and making it into the play offs, the team isnt consistent enough....personally you should be thankful that the teams below have bare no real threat otherwise it could have been an nervous end to the season for you guys.

with the mrs being a derby fan and her family having season tickets i do go to a few games with her, as im a season ticket holder at leeds i get her in to a few leeds games with me (its only fair) i've watched you against peterborough,plymouth, blackpool and forest(with work) and it appears that you have the same problem with what leeds do, when ever you play the big teams you players turn up and put on a big performance (forest, newcastle even scum in the carling cup) but whenever you play the small teams you can see then players find it hard to motivate themselves for example the ssausagehorpe game and thats the cutting edge between mid table and making it into the play offs, the team isnt consistent enough....personally you should be thankful that the teams below have bare no real threat otherwise it could have been an nervous end to the season for you guys.

yeah, another thing id like from end of season is a bit of consistence in playing well, and a team remaining relativly unchanged that would be lovely, the injuries weve had have really affected us this season

i mean you guys keep a fairly settled squad, and i thought youd practicly lost that inconsistent motivation this season

yeah, another thing id like from end of season is a bit of consistence in playing well, and a team remaining relativly unchanged that would be lovely, the injuries weve had have really affected us this season

i mean you guys keep a fairly settled squad, and i thought youd practicly lost that inconsistent motivation this season

it is nice to see the team winning games at the moment without are main man mr beckford (due to injury) has really proven we are not a one man team. I honestly thought if we'd have carried on in the fa cup it would have destroyed are season altogether, we really were victims of are own success, it was nice to compete against the big boys yes, however it just made are players think they were up there in the clouds hence why we've had a drop in form of late. But hopefully now we can build up some consistency and really push on for promotion.

On another note I could not believe the amount of injuries you guys suffered early on in the season, remember watching your game against newcastle on telly and addison looked shattered!

hopefully if you can avoid anymore unwanted injuries you should be able to reach the very least 10th/11th finish

yeah its crazy

10th or 11th would be nice, but i think the christmas period, could stop us finishing much higher, as we were awful over christmas

i think yove enough in your armory to get promoted wether your champions or not, but my money would be on you finishing top, even if and when you lose beckford you have enough quality i think to compete well in the championship, with a few players who could walk into a fair few teams

i may dislike leeds, but when ive watched them they have been very impressive this season

yeah its crazy

10th or 11th would be nice, but i think the christmas period, could stop us finishing much higher, as we were awful over christmas

i think yove enough in your armory to get promoted wether your champions or not, but my money would be on you finishing top, even if and when you lose beckford you have enough quality i think to compete well in the championship, with a few players who could walk into a fair few teams

i may dislike leeds, but when ive watched them they have been very impressive this season

here's to a successful season for us both. all the best.

Archived