Leeds Hatred?

staffswhite

Leeds fan come in peace here, got box tickets for derby v forest a couple of weeks back with work, i noticed there usually "we a all hate leeds scum" chants......which may i add is quite a common chant in most grounds i visit:D but apparently you lot sing it at every game (so I'm told) and would love to know why you hate us so much?

(que the dirty leeds comments)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as far as i know it stems from the 70s, in the cloughie and revie eras, but i wasnt around back then so can only speculate.

i was taught to hate leeds along with forest and leicester when i was a kid, i think its just become a given if your a rams fan you dislike the above, and always sweeter to beat them then anyone else

Leeds fan come in peace here, got box tickets for derby v forest a couple of weeks back with work, i noticed there usually "we a all hate leeds scum" chants......which may i add is quite a common chant in most grounds i visit:D but apparently you lot sing it at every game (so I'm told) and would love to know why you hate us so much?

it is a 70s thing when clough and revie were enemies,you should watch the damned united film if you haven`t allready,regards steve a RAM in west cumbria.

Cor who's farted?

No, welcome you little dirty begger you, I always wondered if Leeds hate us like we do them? It's a bit like Leicester really hating us and we don't really view them as a close rival, unlike Forest.

Anyway, if you watched us beat Forest then you'll know what to expect if you come up next season. Dunna blow it again, I hate seeing Beckford cry. ;)

Come back and post again, we have red dogs on here, and I wouldn't mind a dirty either.

Yep i was around in the 70's it not only stems from the Clough revie thibg but also the team was a dirty bunch of cheats and the fans were worse they wrecked towns and grounds up and down the country,hence Leeds will not get much of a welcome anywhere.

This maybe quite a shock to some of you but we actually dont have a problem with derby as far as I'm aware, obviously we have strong links with the likes of man ure, Millwall and chelsea but I'am surprised that the hatred is still there from the 70's. I would agree that we do have some scum bag fans and I'am ashamed that they share the same stand with me, it has amazed me tho over the last few weeks that we are vastly becoming the nations 2nd favorite team (like it or not) i think are cup exploits over scum and spuds have made more people like us and soon we will start to see the disappearance of the "dirty leeds" title.

And on another note, i must admit i did enjoy your victory over forest, i really cant stand that team and the city itself.

I've been to Elland road expcting a hostile atmosphere and it was fine - i would go back again no problem.

Elland Road isnt like what it used to be, it is vastly becoming more of a family stadium, this probably due to the fact that Mr.Bates likes to inflict high ticket price on us loyal fans.

Archived