January window

ramtique

Excellent window. Didn’t throw money away. Moved out more washed up, ineffective paycheque collectors, and brought in Jerome and Palmer. Team is now close to a Rowett side: Strong fast hardworking disciplined. 

We should have brought in and played Thomas and Elsnik from that other club - you know, the one thats called ... Derby County. 

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As the dust begins to settle, I still think our January dealings - or lack of them highlighted by my original post - probably proved decisive, not only over the second half of the season but also over the two legs vs Fulham. Granted, Jerome finally came good at the end but the loss of JR and the failure to replace him was surely highlighted by the Fulham performances. Overall, I’m not unhappy with the season - 6th represents progress, but it was also a missed opportunity. 

8 minutes ago, ramtique said:

As the dust begins to settle, I still think our January dealings - or lack of them highlighted by my original post - probably proved decisive, not only over the second half of the season but also over the two legs vs Fulham. Granted, Jerome finally came good at the end but the loss of JR and the failure to replace him was surely highlighted by the Fulham performances. Overall, I’m not unhappy with the season - 6th represents progress, but it was also a missed opportunity. 

loss of winnall had more of an impact than I originally considered

1 hour ago, ramtique said:

All day long - we became extremely one dimensional lobbing the ball forward to no one in particular resulting in us never having it

i support Derby county but I don’t like the way we played last year but I currently can’t see much changing with what we have left

Archived