We’re no longer a one man team.

Boycie

10 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

I'd argue differently. The system is key to Vydra not the other way around. I think we'd have equal success if Ince was in that role, I a more practical example Palmer/Lawrence. The system we play now means whoever appears to be in the middle behind the striker at any one time will have at least 1/2 clear cut chances created for them every game. 

Hopefully, however neither have a scoring record hat indicates they will get anywhere near the goal ratio Vydra gets.

It’s easy to fill the position similar with a like for like player, for example Omar as a DM, doesn’t mean it’s going to be as effective though.  Next nearest to him is Nugent on 6, hence why I beleive if he got injured we could be that one mar team again...hopefully we don’t have to put the theory  to the test.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd still argue that without Vydra we'd struggle to break into the top 8/10. Yesterday everything went through him, just like most games.. I've also noticed the defensive side of his game has improved greatly!! He wins alot of balls just inside his own half, tracking back etc and disposing the two centre halves or the holding midfielder. That's why Palmer could be a decent addition, eases the pressure just slightly.. it's nice to have Huddlestone and Thorne in there, two players you know will give him the ball in the right areas

I didn't see any games in the 12/13, 13/14, 14/15 and 15/16 seasons when Hughes and Thorne  made their reputations and before both had their injuries. Last season was the first season that I saw Hughes play (occasionally as he was often on the bench) and exactly the same this season in Thorne's case. To someone with no experience of their form prior to their injuries both have looked ordinary players and nothing special.

Archived