14/01/18 THE RUN IN TO MAY

plymouthram

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, europia said:

I have a feeing that it will be DCFC or Villa for the 2nd auto spot. If they keep John Terry fit, they probably wont lose many games. We can't afford to slip up, as it's more than likely to go right to the wire. 

I'm amazed that so many people think Villa won't lose many points now JT is back. He started most games in the opening stages of the league and they were pretty poor. Their issue is not with conceding... as they conceded very little when he was injured. Their problems are with scoring. Having Kodjia out hasn't helped. Recently they look like they might have turned that corner with Hogan now scoring and being linked with Ulloa.

Villa's depth in midfield is their strength. Not JT.

Basically, I agree entirely with you, plymouthram. The fixtures are in place, some have more key away games than others and vice versa. If you study the fixtures, you know what you have to do. Not just a question of playing the next game. We stood no chance of pulling back so many points on Cardiff (10) and Bristol City (8) and Aston Villa (6) in such a short time frame but we have done, so we cannot let it slip because there are 19 games to go. Every game is a promotion decider and must be approached as such. This is what Rowett is doing and he will not falter. We need to be 6-8 points clear with five games to go.

Archived