Carabao Cup 2nd Round draw

DEL

20 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Don't really get your drift there,dav. Surely if it ran from a half of the way to the middle to the middle itself,it would still be running into the wood? The full answer was that he could only run into the woods to halfway,because after that he'd be running out of the wood.

At the centre he is fully into the woods and half way through the woods.

if he runs half way into the woods he his halfway to the centre not on the centre because that is fully into the woods.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, davenportram said:

if he runs half way into the woods he his halfway to the centre not on the centre because that is fully into the woods.

But surely,if 'at the centre he is fully into the woods',that implies that the centre of the wood,i.e. half way into the wood,is the furthest he can run into the wood.I suppose if you wanted to be really picky you could say to halfway minus an infinitesimal distance,to avoid his beak touching the halfway line.

1 hour ago, davenportram said:

This is why pupils hate teachers. 

28 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

It's a dreadful and ridiculous question. Sorry, @ramblur!

That's ok Carl,it wasn't my question,in fact if I hadn't thought to myself 'what kind of stupid question is this?',I might have had a better chance of solving it,as I was looking for some kind of trick.The slippery customer who posed it,however,was clearly pretty clever and I knew he wanted to trip me up.

I have to concede that I find it quite a simple,logical question in retrospect.Did get my revenge though,but I'm not going to post that one up in view of what's happened with the dog poo:D

Archived