Linekers salary

PistoldPete2

41 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

I’d heard of him over his opposition to the C-16 bill, but that’s not really the point. His theories about postmodern relativism and the complexity of competing oppressions are nonsense, if for no other reason than that he claims to oppose the stifling of free speech by attempting to stifle free speech.

He’s a great example of how attempts to promote the rights of the individual at the expense of the group ironically lead to taking an authoritarian position. 

You disagree with anyone who isn't a feminist. That's how you've heard of him.

Still nothing on his teachings of gender pay?

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

women have a higher propensity to neuroses. 

3 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Omfg

Exactly. 

You are blaming the gender pay gap on women being more neurotic, a view which was discredited in the 19th century. 

Do you really expect to be taken seriously?

Just now, Norman said:

All you’ve done is throw out a name and say google it.

If you think his theories add anything to the debate then explain why. 

7 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

All you’ve done is throw out a name and say google it.

If you think his theories add anything to the debate then explain why. 

He has whole seminars on it, easily available on YouTube.

Why would i repeat what he says more eloquently? It's probably 40 minutes long with diagrams. 

You have tried to discredit him because you know who he is and what he does. Give him a go. It's nice outside echo chambers at the minute.

It would be a case of intelligence wasted if you're going to sit there and tell me you can't google his name followed by gender pay. But more likely, you don't want to.

8 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Exactly. 

You are blaming the gender pay gap on women being more neurotic, a view which was discredited in the 19th century. 

Do you really expect to be taken seriously?

Oh the irony. Discredited in the 19th century? I don’t live in the 19th century. 

According to modern science women score worse on every facet of neuroticism apart from anger.

18 minutes ago, Norman said:

Do you know the difference between a feminist and a mysogynist?

Both recognise the existence of a glass ceiling, but whereas a feminist wants to break it, the mysogynist would prefer females to walk across it while they watch.

3 minutes ago, eddie said:

Do you know the difference between a feminist and a mysogynist?

Both recognise the existence of a glass ceiling, but whereas a feminist wants to break it, the mysogynist would prefer females to walk across it while they watch.

You'll probably get a few likes for that.

Unfortunately you got sand in your vagina 3 months a go otherwise you'd have many more :thumbsup:.

9 minutes ago, Norman said:

It would be a case of intelligence wasted if you're going to sit there and tell me you can't google his name followed by gender pay. But more likely, you don't want to.

More likely I don’t see why I should be the one to do the work, especially as I think there’s very little chance of finding anything worthwhile. 

In any event, this discussion isn’t really between me and Jordan Peterson. 

4 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

More likely I don’t see why I should be the one to do the work, especially as I think there’s very little chance of finding anything worthwhile. 

In any event, this discussion isn’t really between me and Jordan Peterson. 

Nice one.

So I named someone who is highly qualified in the field, has seminars on it you can watch, but instead you want someone who block paves drives to cut it down into small paragraphs for you?

There's plenty in there that is polar opposites of what you have written. I think it would be worthwhile.

You could have watched it by now. I've watched it, so if you reply disagreeing with the content, I will know which bits you are talking about. 

I'd be happy for you to change my mind on it. I find it uneasy trusting a Canadian who sounds like Kermit.

38 minutes ago, Norman said:

You'll probably get a few likes for that.

Unfortunately you got sand in your vagina 3 months a go otherwise you'd have many more :thumbsup:.

Cry me a bloody river.

13 minutes ago, Norman said:

You could have watched it by now. I've watched it, so if you reply disagreeing with the content, I will know which bits you are talking about.

Ok, I’ll have a look at some point, although the first time he says ‘weaponised compassion’ it’s going off. 

I like the way you use your line of work to suggest other people are patronising you on the one hand and to get out of having to explain your own viewpoints on the other. Is that called ‘waeponised employment’?

2 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Thought so. 

I’m so forgetful in January, although it might be something to do with my neuroses or my weaponised compassion. 

You seem to be taking the notion  that there might be traits more associated with women personally. 

Free yourself of the gender communism. Join us. It doesn’t matter what year it is here.

15 hours ago, Norman said:

He has whole seminars on it, easily available on YouTube.

Why would i repeat what he says more eloquently?

TBF you can't even repeat what @StringerBell says more eloquently :lol:

BTW Apologies if I'd already discounted that Gordon Peterson fella as a tit once before. I tend to wipe my memory banks of stuff not worth remembering

4 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

TBF you can't even repeat what @StringerBell says more eloquently :lol:

BTW Apologies if I'd already discounted that Gordon Peterson fella as a tit once before. I tend to wipe my memory banks of stuff not worth remembering

Awww, don't apologise. We know it's not sincere.

Because you pretended not to know who he is on purpose. And we all know why :whistle:.

16 hours ago, StringerBell said:

Obviously public sector workers are never going to be extremely well paid. 

As for everyone else, that’s for the market to determine.

Why is that obvious? In  a well-functioning meritocracy, shou;dn't those who bring the most to society be paid the most regardless of who employs them? So women get paid less because of "reasons" that mean men are better than them in lots of areas and public sector workers get paid less because...help me out here? It feels a bit like a lot of excuses as to why the meritocracy doesn't work

As for the market determining the rest. That's also sadly untrue. I know plenty of people at work who are by far the best at what they do, but they are also deeply principled and refuse to suck management ass and therefore don't get on. Funnily enough those that do get on, aren't the best, they are usually the weakest. I'm sure you know the Dilbert Principle

18 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Why is that obvious? In  a well-functioning meritocracy, shou;dn't those who bring the most to society be paid the most regardless of who employs them? So women get paid less because of "reasons" that mean men are better than them in lots of areas and public sector workers get paid less because...help me out here? It feels a bit like a lot of excuses as to why the meritocracy doesn't work

As for the market determining the rest. That's also sadly untrue. I know plenty of people at work who are by far the best at what they do, but they are also deeply principled and refuse to suck management ass and therefore don't get on. Funnily enough those that do get on, aren't the best, they are usually the weakest. I'm sure you know the Dilbert Principle

They aren’t selling anything. Christ alive!

Who pays their wages? You want to make it so that the people who pay public sector wages earn less than the people in the public sector? How the hell does that work?

Archived