Summer Striker Sale

Day

It's obvious we have too many strikers at the club now, who would you like to see sold in the summer to raise funds for new signings?

Select as many as you like then click submit, once you have clicked submit you won't beable to vote again.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Villa for me - am I the only one who thinks he's an absolute cart-horse?

Awful touch, poor positional play and not a natural goal scorer.

Yes he runs his testicles off but most of us would if we were given a chance in a Rams shirt and had any degree of fitness.

Thats the only reason fans have taken to him - he plays how we imagine we would, roughing up these multi-millionaire superstars.

Unfortunately it's not good enough.

Originally posted by gawa_ram;3476

Villa for me - am I the only one who thinks he's an absolute cart-horse?

Awful touch, poor positional play and not a natural goal scorer.

Yes he runs his testicles off but most of us would if we were given a chance in a Rams shirt and had any degree of fitness.

Thats the only reason fans have taken to him - he plays how we imagine we would, roughing up these multi-millionaire superstars.

Unfortunately it's not good enough.

No you are not, he goes down as one the biggest waste of 2 million in the clubs history.

Would rather see end product ahead of passion, some people hate and Hulse and love Villa, but Hulse is 10x better than Villa.

He's the dictionary definition of panic buy.

Still one of the most loved players. He has made himself a cult hero by putting in so much effort. He scored three goals last year when no-one else could hit a barn door. Ten times the man that a person than Rob Earnshaw is.

Originally posted by vicky-27;3531

I really like Villa for all the effort he puts in - but sadly doesn't score enough, doubt we will ever see Dickinson play, and Varney has an awful lot to prove.

if effort was the one essential attribute that made a striker world class was effort, then we would have one top striker, but sadly you need more than that to make it

In the summer I can see Tito, Varney and Dickinson all leaving and I doubt we will make Ellingtons move permanent.

If they all left would like us to go for someone like Ricky Lambert and maybe Leroy Lita.

Originally posted by vicky-27;3539

That is very true Matty - shame he can''t do both - it's about time we had a new 'hero' to sing about.

I don't mind being used as a 'Hero' until a signing has been made, look forward to hearing the chants

only ever seen dickinson in pre season and he didnt really impress me. Varney imo is absolutely useless especially up front, slightly better on the wing. I think Tito has been treated poorly by the club and good to see him finally get a bit of a chance

Originally posted by King Clough;3614

only ever seen dickinson in pre season and he didnt really impress me. Varney imo is absolutely useless especially up front, slightly better on the wing. I think Tito has been treated poorly by the club and good to see him finally get a bit of a chance

I've not had the chance to see Dickenson play but then again not many Rams fans have (lol) but he must have something about him? He did well for Stockport and there's been plenty of teams willing to take him on loan this year so surely he can't be that much of a cart horse?

Whilst we have him under contract surely he must be worth hanging onto even if he goes out on loan abit just to see how he develops and who knows he may get a few games when our squad has been thinned out a little!

Archived