Horse racing

Angry Ram

Why!!

Cost me a bloody fortune this week. Been to Ascot and Newmarket and got spanked twice.. I know nothing about the bloody things but everyone else seemed to. Like a lamb I followed them and nothing..

To top it off some geezer in the next marquee to us last night had £500 on a 20/1 outsider who only went and won in the last..

Never going again:angry: 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Why!!

Cost me a bloody fortune this week. Been to Ascot and Newmarket and got spanked twice.. I know nothing about the bloody things but everyone else seemed to. Like a lamb I followed them and nothing..

To top it off some geezer in the next marquee to us last night had £500 on a 20/1 outsider who only went and won in the last..

Never going again:angry: 

There an old adage in gambling "Never back more than you can afford to lose"

Reason being? Chances are you will as a mug punter, if you get a fluke win, chances are, you really will become a mug punter, because the win will hook you even more.

Dont chase your money at those big events, just enjoy it with a few bets, beers, cocktails with a cherry, whatever takes your fancy but just remember there a few bust bookmakers, cos there's plenty of mug punters ;)

24 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

There an old adage in gambling "Never back more than you can afford to lose"

Reason being? Chances are you will as a mug punter, if you get a fluke win, chances are, you really will become a mug punter, because the win will hook you even more.

Dont chase your money at those big events, just enjoy it with a few bets, beers, cocktails with a cherry, whatever takes your fancy but just remember there a few bust bookmakers, cos there's plenty of mug punters ;)

Only took as much as I was prepared to lose... And lost it :thumbsup:

Archived