Help with cannon printer

Fraser_23

Hi, I'm hoping that there is some technical geniuses out there! I need some help with my printer before I literally throw it out of the window.

I'm trying to print some past papers for my revision for my gcses next week. Over the past couple of months this issue has been happening on and off. Sometimes it prints perfectly and without any issues. Today it has done what it frequently does. When I click print it says "another computer is using the printer" When in fact it isn't ( all other devices switched off). However when I click "display print queue" it says that the document is printing when in fact ..... it never does!!! Please can anybody help ?

Laptop = HP pavilion 

Printer = CanonMG5550

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

Try reinstalling the printer drivers, Worth checking the website to see if any new ones exist.

Or try this.

stock-photo-angry-man-breaks-printer-int

45 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

Hi, I'm hoping that there is some technical geniuses out there! I need some help with my printer before I literally throw it out of the window.

I'm trying to print some past papers for my revision for my gcses next week. Over the past couple of months this issue has been happening on and off. Sometimes it prints perfectly and without any issues. Today it has done what it frequently does. When I click print it says "another computer is using the printer" When in fact it isn't ( all other devices switched off). However when I click "display print queue" it says that the document is printing when in fact ..... it never does!!! Please can anybody help ?

Laptop = HP pavilion 

Printer = CanonMG5550

Canons are infamous for this exact thing, power the printer down and switch it back on, don't forget to cancel the cuing action on your PC first.

25 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Amateurs.

have you tried loading a new printer driver after deleting the existing one?

I apologise for not being as technologically advanced as you. BTW you should have a capital H at the start of 'have'. 

New sentence = Capital letter

AMATEUR

(appreciate the help) :D

26 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

I'll try that tomorrow. Cheers

Hope it gets sorted and good luck with your GCSE'S. 

8 hours ago, Fraser_23 said:

I apologise for not being as technologically advanced as you. BTW you should have a capital H at the start of 'have'. 

AMATEUR

It's a football forum, not a grammer one.

10 hours ago, LesterRam said:

Printer = CanonMG5550

Canon MG5550.

11 hours ago, Fraser_23 said:

help ?

help?

Don't throw stones in your own glasshouse...

11 hours ago, LesterRam said:

Canons are infamous for this exact thing, power the printer down and switch it back on, don't forget to cancel the cuing action on your PC first.

Agreed. It's basically the print queue not being released from a previous session.

Like just about every long-standing Canon printer user, I too had this problem 4 or 5 years ago. I uninstalled my printer, made sure the print queue was deleted then re-installed the printer (actually I think it self-installed) and updated the drivers.

9 hours ago, McRamFan said:

It's a football forum, not a grammer one.

Canon MG5550.

help?

Don't throw stones in your own glasshouse...

Just a bit of banter mate...... Chill!

How many times did you check what you wrote to make sure it was 100% correct?:D

18 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

Just a bit of banter mate...... Chill!

How many times did you check what you wrote to make sure it was 100% correct?:D

You kidding me, his spewlling is bloodee awful but I don't have the hart to tell him.

18 hours ago, Fraser_23 said:

AMATEUR

Your not klever u no.

Archived