Ex Derby & Wigan players

Bridgford Ram

This seemed to work quite well in the lead up to the Norwich game so I will try again for the Wigan.

The idea is to have a thread in the lead up to each game talking about ex-players of our opponents.  They'll be a mix of current players and older players bringing back memories.  It'd be great if we can build up a list, commenting on the players who played for us an our opponents of that week.

Jake Buxton, Gary Caldwell, Bobby Campbell, Roy Carroll, Scott Carson, Tomasz Cywka, Nathan Ellington, Archie Gemmill, Michael Jacobs, David Jones, Jeff Kenna, Peter Kennedy, Kevin Kilbane, Robert Kozluk, Micky Quinn, Craig Ramage, Conor Sammon, Ryan Shotton, Gary Teale, Emerson Thome, Stephen Warnock

Strangely it appears that a lot of the players that have played for both clubs have played for one of them on loan.

Craig Ramage is the player I have picked out, partly because he went to the same school as me (albeit a few years before me) but partly because he started to break through into a strong Derby side that I watched a lot.  He was actually at the club for a lot longer than I remember (until 1994) but only played 42 games for us.  His spell with Wigan actually came whilst on loan from us.  I seem to remember him breaking through as a centre forward under Arthur Cox but am not so sure whether he dropped back into midfield while still with us.

Also, if you could have picked any Wigan player from any time for Derby to sign and slot into the Derby team of that time who would you go for?  Obviously Wigan's history of recent over achievement makes this a bit more difficult but off the top of my head both Victor Moses and James McCarthy were pretty good at Wigan and are still pretty good now.  I would probably have to go for Leighton Baines though as LB always seems to have been a problem position for us.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

They had a good attacking player back in the 80s who scored a fair few goals. Jewell or something. Wonder what happened to him?

Spent all his money on fake tan so in desperation, became a star. Good move, I believe the sun paid 30 grand for the video. Still available from www.fatorangetw@t.com 

Archived