Top Scorers prediction

RamLad1884

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

I mean isn't that the key to all of football when it comes down to it. :lol:

Yes, except that there are those who think 1-0 every week is acceptable. It ensures you reach the destination but Do you want to go on that journey in sensible estate car ?

I sort of prefer something interesting with great road holding and a sweet engine. I will put up with the iffy electrics and a leaky footwell, it's part of the ride :)

1 minute ago, jono said:

Yes, except that there are those who think 1-0 every week is acceptable. It ensures you reach the destination but Do you want to go on that journey in sensible estate car ?

I sort of prefer something interesting with great road holding and a sweet engine. I will put up with the iffy electrics and a leaky footwell, it's part of the ride :)

I detest that mentality. People lose sight that football is supposed to be entertainment. Who wants to see their side set out with the game plan every week of 'Let's try not to lose and maybe we will score a scruffy goal from a corner' ? Yet plenty seem content with it, more than that people often whinge and complain about not being negative enough. Give me 4-4's and 3-3's over 0-0's and 1-1's every day of the week.

27 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I detest that mentality. People lose sight that football is supposed to be entertainment. Who wants to see their side set out with the game plan every week of 'Let's try not to lose and maybe we will score a scruffy goal from a corner' ? Yet plenty seem content with it, more than that people often whinge and complain about not being negative enough. Give me 4-4's and 3-3's over 0-0's and 1-1's every day of the week.

I remember reading Bobby Charlton's book,  he told of being first spoken to by Sir Matt Busby

Busby said something along the lines of  ..."Just out there son is the biggest industrial estate in Europe ( Trafford Park ) the people there work long hours in tough jobs and they pay their hard earned money to come and see us play. You need to lift their spirits. You owe it to them not just to do your best or win but to entertain"  ...

my philosophy exactly !

Archived