Wilson

CastletonRam

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Redcar said:

Disagree.... I thought tonight he worked hard. Drops deep to pick up a pass to bring the midfield into play then gets back up front.... Pity decision making and the final ball in from those behind him is nothing short of horrendous most the time.... Not beating the first man or lofting it over the top. Wilson is miles better than Bent.

I think many people keep confusing Wilson and Vydra. Understandable, from a distance it can happen. But Wilson did far more than people have been chattering about. So when Vydra isn't doing something Wilson get's the blame. Also Wilson like Vydra didn't get the service. Wilson made a few decent runs and not once was he spotted. Just appalling service. 

3 hours ago, StivePesley said:

Look at his stats on whoscored.com for the game last night and it backs up what I saw

in 63 minutes on the pitch he had 28 touches and made 16 passes with an accuracy of 75%

1 pass was an accurate long ball

1 pass was an inaccurate cross field ball

no through ball passes

I wonder if those times he heads it and no one gets on the end of it counts as a pass? Admittedly there were a few times when he could have done better, but I'll forgive him, he's 20 years old and a good prospect, he's only going to develop and if he does I'd like him in the side as he has plenty of time to get better - As opposed to Darren Bent at 32.

What I remember was some perfect laying off and those times and short passes, he didn't overhit or misplace these passes in particular and maybe when he has settled in we could see some good things from him.

Archived