Classic Cloughie

loweman2

5 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

I did.

Cracking lad, he was good mates with John Colbrook and Richard Swift as well I think.

Gav was the only lad in the team with bigger front teeth than me ;-) and a very decent set of curtains

Say hello if you see him.

I believe AC Hunters used my mates name of Dave Deeming as a registration for a few ringers in their time :lol:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David Deeming.. blimey.

Now that IS someone I'd love to be back in touch with.

I could certainly not confirm that AC Hunters had the odd Forest lad show up for a game every now and then.

Nige is the "famous" one off the AC production like but I wonder how many know that's where Scot Gemmill made his breakthrough as well as a rampaging tough tackling central midfielder ;-)

2 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

David Deeming.. blimey.

Now that IS someone I'd love to be back in touch with.

I could certainly not confirm that AC Hunters had the odd Forest lad show up for a game every now and then.

Nige is the "famous" one off the AC production like but I wonder how many know that's where Scot Gemmill made his breakthrough as well as a rampaging tough tackling central midfielder ;-)

Can't help mate, think last time I saw him was at his mums, Barbaras, funeral. Think he's (or at least was) running a newsagents down south. 

I'm quite a few years younger than Dave but lived on same treet as his parents and him so used to borrow his football annuals and stuff, so was often surprised to see the non-footballing D Deeming scoring regularly when I was looking at results in the Green un.

Archived