The players

Sparkle

The players seem to hate the way we are trying to play and to me appear to not want to be out on the pitch!

obvious ones include butterfield Ince Russell Martin Hughes Johnson and could all be departures

ones that shouldn't be on the pitch include Blackman and bent 

keogh and Forsyth are the only ones I have seen trying particularly hard

sad times.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

The players seem to hate the way we are trying to play and to me appear to not want to be out on the pitch!

obvious ones include butterfield Ince Russell Martin Hughes Johnson and could all be departures

ones that shouldn't be on the pitch include Blackman and bent 

keogh and Forsyth are the only ones I have seen trying particularly hard

sad times.

Or maybe they are being asked to do things that they aren't very good at? Where do you want Hughes on the pitch, on the edge of our box or on the edge of their box? What do you want to see Martin doing? Trying to win headers against 2 CBs? Chasing the ball in the channels or getting it into his feet or chest and being able to get hold of the ball? And when he has got the ball do you want Bryson standing 5 feet away from Keogh and Shackell or next to Martin?

It is easy to say they don't want to be on the pitch, they aren't putting effort in, they aren't doing this and that, they are causing troubles behind the scenes etc (from what other people have said) but when tasked with a job that you aren't very good at, you are going to feel uncomfortable, hesitant and have a lack in confidence that you aren't doing your job properly.

3 minutes ago, rynny said:

Or maybe they are being asked to do things that they aren't very good at? Where do you want Hughes on the pitch, on the edge of our box or on the edge of their box? What do you want to see Martin doing? Trying to win headers against 2 CBs? Chasing the ball in the channels or getting it into his feet or chest and being able to get hold of the ball? And when he has got the ball do you want Bryson standing 5 feet away from Keogh and Shackell or next to Martin?

It is easy to say they don't want to be on the pitch, they aren't putting effort in, they aren't doing this and that, they are causing troubles behind the scenes etc (from what other people have said) but when tasked with a job that you aren't very good at, you are going to feel uncomfortable, hesitant and have a lack in confidence that you aren't doing your job properly.

Spot on my sentiments exactly

Archived