Live Game Thread 16/17

SaintRam

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Until Klopp has to eventually bring on the stars which he should have done in the first place.

So much for that theory.

4 minutes ago, eddie said:

So much for that theory.

Said it in an earlier post somewhere that Klopp did exactly the same thing last season at Exeter with the kids and they scraped a draw. He's done the same again and not learned. This isn't Germany. Some of out lower league clubs have ability and organisation as we found out with both Grimsby and Carlisle.

Don't take these teams for granted. Get the job done and then take off the stars. Got a journey to Plymouth now he doesn't need all due to bad management.

Saw an hour of the Fulham game and once again they looked brilliant. 

I could get them promoted by buying a season ticket. Every time I watch them they cruise past teams. 

Rickie Lambert looks like he's having fun at Cardiff :lol:

Did Danny Murphy just call Villa negative here?

They've done more with their 5 passes than Spurs have done with all 50,000. 

I hate Villa but what are they supposed to do? Close the ball down and get passed through. 

I don't think Spurs have had a shot

Idiot

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Said it in an earlier post somewhere that Klopp did exactly the same thing last season at Exeter with the kids and they scraped a draw. He's done the same again and not learned. This isn't Germany. Some of out lower league clubs have ability and organisation as we found out with both Grimsby and Carlisle.

Don't take these teams for granted. Get the job done and then take off the stars. Got a journey to Plymouth now he doesn't need all due to bad management.

love it when this happens, 52000 turn up to see liverpool reserves and get held to a draw. I fully understand resting some players but hes now gone and got himself another game which he will probably end up playing some of his stars afterall. Same as bournemouth yesterday, cant believe they didnt give more respect to milwall or the cup, a competition they could win if they set their stall out.

Some teams such as luton were fined for playing weakened teams earlier this season in cup competitions.....therefore for consistency the FA should now do the same to any club fielding a substantianly weakened team but they wont.

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

love it when this happens, 52000 turn up to see liverpool reserves and get held to a draw. I fully understand resting some players but hes now gone and got himself another game which he will probably end up playing some of his stars afterall. Same as bournemouth yesterday, cant believe they didnt give more respect to milwall or the cup, a competition they could win if they set their stall out.

Some teams such as luton were fined for playing weakened teams earlier this season in cup competitions.....therefore for consistency the FA should now do the same to any club fielding a substantianly weakened team but they wont.

Wonder what the FA said or would say if Luton pointed to Liverpool/ Bournemouth and said "why no fine?"

Sith Happens

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Wonder what the FA said or would say if Luton pointed to Liverpool/ Bournemouth and said "why no fine?"

Something along these lines.

monkey5.jpg

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Something along these lines.

monkey5.jpg

i would just like to point out on relfection I am not trying to liken members of the FA or Football league to members of the ape family, not trying to suggest they have similar intelligence levels. I am led to believe members of the Ape family are actually quite intelligent and thus unfair to compare them to the FA or Football League.

Maybe if some Prem clubs gave more opportunities to lower league players then perhaps they wouldn't be stuck with a load of kids in their reserves , many of which are little better than the league 1/2 player.

Ooh he's got a fancy name. Ojo or something and he's from Ghana or somewhere. Who is the other lad? Charlie Wyke? Scored shed loads for Carlisle? Yes, we'll go with the Ojo purely on the basis he's got an exotic name and he's been in our academy since he was a foetus.Doesn't matter if it takes us 6 years to discover he's not good enough.

To br fair though Liverpool did play Woodburn and Stewart but are they really going to better than your average league 1 player.

Most end up in the lower leagues anyway.

I just wish good old fashioned scouting was alive and kicking and then many of these lads at lower levels would get their opportunities like they used to about 15 or so years ago.

Shearer and Dublin think that every striker should play the way they played. 

"Stay central and wait for balls to come in the box. Jaansen is hiding"

Balls won't come in the box because this isn't Villa or Newcastle from years ago. They want him to make an extra winger/central midfielder so they can overload Villa rather than fire balls for Chester to mop up. 

I do fookin hate pundits. Some of them like Townsend and Shearer just want to see teams/players play like their teams did. 

Spurs won't do it because that's not how they play. Deal with it. 

If they get in their stride then I guarantee they'll not say a negative word about Jaansen. 

1-0 Spurs.

Wonder if Ali and Son should have stayed in the middle of the box. The goal and all chances have come from forwards playing anywhere but where Shearer and Dublin said they should be. 

Unlucky lads. 

(Note to Danny Murphy, Villa by pressing more have looked more vulnerable and no more likely to score)

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

1-0 Spurs.

Wonder if Ali and Son should have stayed in the middle of the box. The goal and all chances have come from forwards playing anywhere but where Shearer and Dublin said they should be. 

Unlucky lads. 

(Note to Danny Murphy, Villa by pressing more have looked more vulnerable and no more likely to score)

Bugger watching this after a delay on pause for dinner.

1 minute ago, froggg said:

Bugger watching this after a delay on pause for dinner.

Sorry! I won't spoil the ending by telling you about Chris Martin coming off the bench for Villa to set up a Dwight Yorke equaliser

Archived