Glenn Murray

TETRA

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Brighton said:

Passed it now. 33 soon, seems we're recruiting OAPs with Sidwell signing who's 35. 

I don't think his age really matters does it, he is a proven goalscorer playing Championship football & there aren't too many of them around that are affordable right now. With the attacking options Brighton seem to have last season, I would think a prolific goal poacher like him could well turnout to be a very smart addition as long as they can keep him fit. I seem to remember he was scoring goals for fun last time he was with them, I was very surprised when they let him go.

Not exactly been banging them away recently, even Bent out scored him in the Championship 14/15.

Interestingly a lot on the Brighton forum echo Brighton's thoughts, they are saying replacement for Zamora they are fine with but still want a number 1 striker.

Sounds about right and how I would feel.

1 hour ago, TETRA said:

I don't think his age really matters does it, he is a proven goalscorer playing Championship football & there aren't too many of them around that are affordable right now. With the attacking options Brighton seem to have last season, I would think a prolific goal poacher like him could well turnout to be a very smart addition as long as they can keep him fit. I seem to remember he was scoring goals for fun last time he was with them, I was very surprised when they let him go.

Age doesn't matter? Have you seen Darren Bent recently?

On 7/6/2016 at 10:49, HantsRam said:

But if he replaces Zamora your average age will be coming down, no?

Indeed! Hughton seems to favour experienced, older players and it's worked pretty well so far. Bruno played every game last season and he turned 35 last October! You'd never have known it from his performances.

We needed someone to replace Zamora and Glenn fits the bill. He's excellent in the air and should thrive off Skalak and Knockaert's deliveries. Didn't work out for him at Bournemouth but 8 in 18 and 7 in 17 for Reading and Palace in 14/15. I'm sure he'll contribute. 

Next is to replace James Wilson and that's where we'd hope to bring in someone a bit more exciting and dynamic. I'd like to think that's where the majority of a summer transfer kitty will be going as we look ok in every other position at the moment. That'll change if anyone's sold of course.

5 minutes ago, SimonBHA said:

Indeed! Hughton seems to favour experienced, older players and it's worked pretty well so far. Bruno played every game last season and he turned 35 last October! You'd never have known it from his performances.

We needed someone to replace Zamora and Glenn fits the bill. He's excellent in the air and should thrive off Skalak and Knockaert's deliveries. Didn't work out for him at Bournemouth but 8 in 18 and 7 in 17 for Reading and Palace in 14/15. I'm sure he'll contribute. 

Next is to replace James Wilson and that's where we'd hope to bring in someone a bit more exciting and dynamic. I'd like to think that's where the majority of a summer transfer kitty will be going as we look ok in every other position at the moment. That'll change if anyone's sold of course.

You've had lingard and Wilson which suggests that you have good links to man yoo. 

Marcus rashford might be looking for game time this season......who knows?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7 July 2016 at 15:21, SimonBHA said:

I do have to agree about your man Bruno, he did really well for you last season. One of the fittest 35 year old's I've ever seen in the championship & a class act technically. Oddly I'd never rated him that much in previous seasons. That beard has to go though.

Archived