New Season, new start

So, which of the unloved, much maligned or ignored players are going to come good next season?

Keogh and Christie got a joint "most Improved" from me this season.

So, out of the unloved of DCFC Fans, who is going to prove their mettle next season?

Johnson - Mr. Badtouch to Big Bad Brad?

Blackman - Couldn't score in a brothel to once you had Black you won't go back?

Camara - ??who he?? to the lightning wing forward of the league?

Butters - quietly accepting not being picked to first name? could he replace our Will (if he goes?)

Bent - just more than four minutes,,,like ever?

Baird - bad egg to laying golden ones?

Pearce - something as opposed to, er, nothing?

Weimann - Why man? to Why did Villa ever let this guy go?

Or will they all be sold? Or melted down for glue in Chairman's Mel's Derby Way Re-education Camp? Can any of them make the grade and become part of the glorious promotion side that next season will become history??

For my tuppence worth, I suspect Weimann, Johnson and Butterfield to come good, Camara to do OK, Baird and Pearce to go for little, Blackman to be unsellable but not do much.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's been a lot said on other thread, by some, wanting whole sale change (apart from Hughes and Thorne)

I'm not so sure. 

I do think Keogh lacks the inherent assuredness and composure that a (potential) premier league centre back should have and so why not cash in now and get a younger more confident replacement?

saying that, he's arguably been more assured than Shackell of late.

i think Martin is brilliant, but it feels like the longer we stick with him, the longer we go without a successful plan b.

and again would he be successful in the prem?

on the whole I think we have a great team of players, whom, when confident, are a match for anyone.

i'd deffo keep the brysons and Russell's as they seem, from a distance, like good characters to have in the squad.

over the season I don't think Ince has justified his £4m price tag.

i would keep all of them and hope a great manager could get them really firing, but I wouldn't shed a tear to see Ince, Bent, Blakman, Keogh, Hendrick, or any of the current loaned out players go.

would quite like to see Pearce get a few games at centre back to prove himself tho.

Well in the summer of last season,

Christie, Keogh, Russell were all washed up. Forsyth needed replacing and a there was also some opinion that Hendrick/Bryson weren't good enough.

Weimann was excellent v Hull. He, Butterfield, Camara, Johnson would be at the top of my list for potentially turning their roles around.

Think Baird, Pearce will go.

Bent and Blackman would require a change of system, in my opinion. Which doesn't mean it's not going to happen, but a little harder to predict.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Well in the summer of last season,

Christie, Keogh, Russell were all washed up. Forsyth needed replacing and a there was also some opinion that Hendrick/Bryson weren't good enough.

Weimann was excellent v Hull. He, Butterfield, Camara, Johnson would be at the top of my list for potentially turning their roles around.

Think Baird, Pearce will go.

Bent and Blackman would require a change of system, in my opinion. Which doesn't mean it's not going to happen, but a little harder to predict.

So agree with most of this and the O.P. Baird and Pearce to go, Warnock gone already, maybe loan out Bent if he wants game time. Blackman just don't get how he'll fit but would have to take a loss to maybe persuade someone like Reading to take him back.

We don't need wholesale changes, just a proven Head Coach to come along and add some tactical nous to how we set up, change a system during a game when it's needed and maybe tinker the squad.

Too much doom from some, get a decent Coach in and bring the best out of a good squad with the odd quality addition, next season will be exciting.

Archived