Hendrick, Keogh, Christie called up for Ireland friendly

Colm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36274890

Friendly against Netherlands on 27th May.

Congrats to the lads but surely this will clash with the Play-off final on the 28th (should we get there...) not very optimistic are they?! Surely we'd have priority over them in those circumstances though, especially for a friendly?

Interestingly Callum O'Dowda has received his first call up, we were linked with signing him a few months ago.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris Martin is also in the Scotland squad for games in Malta on 29 May and at home on 4 June. Hope he's already been to Malta and doesn't feel a pressing need to go back!

Presumably all of the lads will play at Wembley, if we get there, and then join their national squads for the second game.

Derby playing in a Play-off Final without Martin, Keogh, Christie or Hendrick is a frightening prospect.

The Euros is the reason the playoff final is on the Saturday rather than being the climax of the season on bank holiday Monday. I am sure the Irish and Scots won't withdraw their players from our squad. However, I'm not certain they don't have the power. It's very close to the Euros with the final squad deadline being Tuesday 31st (I think).

Archived