Star Wars Day

Day

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I get that, i am sort of hoping some sort of 'oh that makes sense now' moment will occur in the next film or two.

It wont. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

dont get me started on pirates of the caribbean...hate them.

The general public's insatiable appetite for watching Johnny Depp doing a bad Keith Richards impersonation year after year after year will never cease to amaze me.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Anon said:

The general public's insatiable appetite for watching Johnny Depp doing a bad Keith Richards impersonation year after year after year will never cease to amaze me.

Johnny depp is so overrated. I can hardly think of anything i have enjoyed watching him in, i liked edward scissorhands but not much else

12 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Johnny depp is so overrated. I can hardly think of anything i have enjoyed watching him in, i liked edward scissorhands but not much else

Public Enemies?

Not a fan of his work for Tim Burton (although I am a fan of Tim Burton's work) because TB always has him act the same way.

He's an excellent voice actor.

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Public Enemies?

Not a fan of his work for Tim Burton (although I am a fan of Tim Burton's work) because TB always has him act the same way.

He's an excellent voice actor.

I liked the first two batman films.

8 hours ago, SaintRam said:

My criticism of TFA was not that it was too similar to Star Wars. Other than the writing which is standard across all Star Wars films, the plot made so little sense. They seemed far too interested in forcing elements of the plot forward, without any explanation.

The little SPOILER thing is not working (as in, its no longer there). I don't like to assume everyones seen it, although they should have if they care about it. Anywho, about to discuss the major plot line.

Having a character with a strong natural connection to the force is one thing, then that character starts to rapidly learn how to use when a force-user starts messing with her mind. Now, you can shoehorn in some explanation for that, based around her learning some stuff from being in his head or some other garbage explanations I've heard, but it would not be consistent with anything we've learnt about the force from other films. Finally, she then can suddenly use a lightsaber and defeats someone who's supposedly trained far more than people claim when defending the scene.

Using a lightsaber isn't just using the force, sure you can use the force to help guide you to blocking shots from a training droid while you learn to attune yourself, but to actually fight against another lightsaber user... the fighting styles alone take years to learn (You'll remember, Luke was terrible at it). Just annoyed me. They put that scene in a setting where it was EASY to have an alternate road to the same destination (him being injured and her leaving), without having to **** with the whole concept of what a Jedi is and what mastering the force entails.

She's already at a higher level than some Jedis you see during the Clone Wars and earlier (Earlier being the world of the old republic, de-canonised by Disney but still worthy of reference imo) but that was largely due to an increase in numbers on both sides thinning the pool, as it were. Just silly. Could have easily not had her use a lightsaber in a fight until the second movie and it would have been infinitely better. 

It is very much in keeping with the force we were introduced to in the original trilogy. Space magic not midichlorians. 

And because something new was introduced doesn't make it in anyway contradictory or lacking in sense. It wasn't retconned like the comics for instance. 

Her sword fighting skills weren't actually that good. She spent the initial part of the duel running away and trying not to fall over. It may be that the force did do something peculiar to turn events the other way, but that doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't make sense. Like Paul I'm pretty sure we'll learn more in the next film.

People seem to focus on Rey in that scene but pay no regard to Kylo Ren who was seriously injured, possibly near death and was an emotional wreck. He was also scared of Rey or what she represented and, initially at least, did not want to kill her in the fight. He could have just frozen her to the spot and killed her if he wanted to and had his head screwed on. He screwed up, he isn't Darth Vader. 

22 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

It is very much in keeping with the force we were introduced to in the original trilogy. Space magic not midichlorians. 

And because something new was introduced doesn't make it in anyway contradictory or lacking in sense. It wasn't retconned like the comics for instance. 

Her sword fighting skills weren't actually that good. She spent the initial part of the duel running away and trying not to fall over. It may be that the force did do something peculiar to turn events the other way, but that doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't make sense. Like Paul I'm pretty sure we'll learn more in the next film.

People seem to focus on Rey in that scene but pay no regard to Kylo Ren who was seriously injured, possibly near death and was an emotional wreck. He was also scared of Rey or what she represented and, initially at least, did not want to kill her in the fight. He could have just frozen her to the spot and killed her if he wanted to and had his head screwed on. He screwed up, he isn't Darth Vader. 

I've had it explained to me before, still think it was ****.

Archived