George Thorne

Rams1884

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10 March 2016 at 22:10, jono said:

There is no doubt that King George is not firing on all cylinders. Injury, fitness, weight ? Who knows, but there is some acceleration missing and a slowness to his feet and reactions. You can see it a mile away. The skill is there but there is something physically not quite right. He moves like an older player. Smooth but lacking that youthful bite .. Curious 

All entirely standard in the season after a knee...

On 10 March 2016 at 01:54, TroyDyer said:

I agree with the OP. Also felt the reply was odd. Made me wonder if there was more to it.  

Personally, I suspect DW's just not as well schooled in faking sincerity to journos like most managers. He's perfectly adept at rah-rah type answers when the question is 'Did you think we won because we scored more than they did?' Or 'Do you love it when fans cheer the team?'

But he's simply used to an Academy role where the most controversial question he might be asked is about how silly teenagers' facial hair can be.

I'm no great fan of him in the head coach role but I do think many of us are judging him too harshly. I suspect, for whatever the actual reason, he's stepped into the breach as best he can.

Seriously, it might be time to cut the bloke some slack. Including me...starting now!

1 hour ago, RamDon said:

Personally, I suspect DW's just not as well schooled in faking sincerity to journos like most managers. He's perfectly adept at rah-rah type answers when the question is 'Did you think we won because we scored more than they did?' Or 'Do you love it when fans cheer the team?'

But he's simply used to an Academy role where the most controversial question he might be asked is about how silly teenagers' facial hair can be.

I'm no great fan of him in the head coach role but I do think many of us are judging him too harshly. I suspect, for whatever the actual reason, he's stepped into the breach as best he can.

Seriously, it might be time to cut the bloke some slack. Including me...starting now!

I think that he's being criticised for not being very good at somebody else's job.

Once again, you've nailed it. I'm just going to read your posts from now on and not bother with all that other twaddle (twassell?)

2 hours ago, RamDon said:

You may well be right. On the Thorne question I saw it the opposite though. It sounded like a man who was trying not to answer the question sincerely. 

One thing I particularity enjoyed about PC was his honesty in interviews. 

DW seems to come from the SM school of post match bullshit. 

Even the best players dip in and out of form. Martin acknowledged he'd been sausage lately, got dropped a has come back hungrier for it. GT no different, he's struggled for form, will always struggle with long term fitness so it's perfectly reasonable to give him a break and and make him force his way back in. One of the bigger problems we have is the bloating of the squad. Too many players will always create problems maybe Wassall is struggling a bit with that too, can't hold that against him though.

Archived