Will Jamie Wards hamstring heal before the hamstrung Derby

Curtains

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

If it wasn't for his hamstrings, he'd have played more of his career in the top flight.  Getting rid was a mistake in my view, and I definitely prefer the idea of him not playing against us.

That's why we got rid though. 

Just now, Will Hughes Hair said:

And not because he didn't see eye to eye with Mac?

Where do you get that from? Mac played him as first choice more often than not - when he was fit, which was rarely, and even when he was "fit", he couldn't play a full game.

Just now, Will Hughes Hair said:

I seem to remember he played a lot of games at the beginning of last season, but rarely played towards the end whether fit or not.

Maybe it was because he took Bucko's side in 'Coffeegate'?

Maybe not, as well.

2 minutes ago, Anon said:

What did you think this was going to prove?

138 appearances over 4 and a half seasons = >30 games per season, suggesting Ward was fit for most of his time here.

34 in 13/14, just 21 in 14/15 and only 19 so far this year.

6 minutes ago, Anon said:

What did you think this was going to prove?

138 appearances over 4 and a half seasons = >30 games per season, suggesting Ward was fit for most of his time here.

When he was fit he wasn't prolific was he. 

He used to do his party trick  ie turn and run after the ball he had just kicked on. 

Never seemed to work much. 

7 minutes ago, curtains said:

When he was fit he wasn't prolific was he.

He used to do his party trick  ie turn and run after the ball he had just kicked on.

Never seemed to work much.

1 goal every 4 games playing almost exclusively as a winger. I'll take that.

It makes me laugh that willingness to run at his fullback is still used as a criticism of Ward, yet people scratch their heads and wonder why we're so much more negative/pragmatic this season. A wingers job is to take risks in possession and actually try and create openings. Ball retention stats for wide players are completely misleading and trumpeted as a positive by people who seem unable to correlate stats and figures to what is actually happening on the pitch.

Archived