The Wassall impact

2 minutes ago, toddy said:

If only...........

If it was true why would we need to wait until the summer?

That does not make sense if it was Pearson.

For arguments sake, it is Pearson... you don't know what his compensation package at Leicester stipulates, you also don't know what the man himself wishes, he may not want to come until the summer. So the speculation is a bit redundant.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Srg said:

For arguments sake, it is Pearson... you don't know what his compensation package at Leicester stipulates, you also don't know what the man himself wishes, he may not want to come until the summer. So the speculation is a bit redundant.

Hang on, what makes you think he wants to come here anyway?

That is speculation...............

6 minutes ago, toddy said:

Hang on, what makes you think he wants to come here anyway?

That is speculation...............

Thought I'd qualified that with my first statement, but obviously not!

14 minutes ago, toddy said:

If only...........

I would say Pearson or Rodgers would be the two who would make the most sense if we have someone in mind and are waiting until summer.

Rodgers has said numerous times that he doesn't want a new job until the summer, and with Pearson, we would inevitably have to negotiate something with Leicester - and I find it hard to believe we're not already close to the bone in terms of FFP this season. I'd be surprised if we spent £25m on players, paid off Clement here and paid off Pearson from Leicester and still fell inside the rules.

Mind you either of their wages alone would be pretty substantial. 

3 minutes ago, Duracell said:

I would say Pearson or Rodgers would be the two who would make the most sense if we have someone in mind and are waiting until summer.

Rodgers has said numerous times that he doesn't want a new job until the summer, and with Pearson, we would inevitably have to negotiate something with Leicester - and I find it hard to believe we're not already close to the bone in terms of FFP this season. I'd be surprised if we spent £25m on players, paid off Clement here and paid off Pearson from Leicester and still fell inside the rules.

Mind you either of their wages alone would be pretty substantial. 

FFP is 3 years, so we are fine. Not spent much in recent years, and could not spend much coming up either if necessary.

14 hours ago, toddy said:

If only...........

Chewbacca Defense

tumblr_m3dqhkdd8e1r7mvdfo1_500.jpg

23 hours ago, Duracell said:

Well Leicester are an interesting case, because they fannied about with a lot of money for a long time. Remember them under Sven, and some of the talent they'd have on the bench then? I remember plenty saying that Gelson Fernandes was playing below his level in this league but my Leicester mates said he was useless. Remember Matt Mills being signed as their captain!?

In the end, it took a big personality like Nigel Pearson to come in, clear out the dross and keep the odd few of the big signings who actually had something to offer. He was then brave enough to add players who weren't so well known to the squad, despite the money he had. Whatever you think of Pearson, he built a team out of a very confused jigsaw left behind by the previous management and a rich ownership which was new to running a football club.

Very similar to our situation, and if you believe some of the rumours, the very same man could be appointed to do it all again here.

Good point, they splashed the cash and it didn't work, and when they stopped doing that and focused more on teamwork, not signing prima donnas, making the whole greater than the sum of the parts etc they got promoted.  We seem to be doing the same thing but in reverse.

Archived