Garry Thinks It's Funny

Schteve

8 minutes ago, Duracell said:

It's almost like he's an ex player for our local rivals or something!

I'm beginning to think there's a bit of bias against us at the Nottingham Post.

Can't think why.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, rammieib said:

I agree with him because I'm also ashamed at our club and what Morris is doing to it. The National media are laughing at us.

There was an outrage from the national media after we sacked Nigel, turns out we knew better than them back then, I guess we can trust the same CEO from then that once again we know more about how to run our club than the national media. Did any of them post an apology when we were on our way to Wembley?

If the roles were reversed, I'd be taking the piss to, we can shout from the roof tops all we like about the 9 point gap and their nutter chairman who has put them under embargo but you can't hide anyway from the fact that we look from the outside like a club is disarray.

Take away the emotions and blinkers from supporting the club, and the last few days have been pretty farcical to say the least.  We have sacked a manager for not playing "the Derby way" only months after lauding him as the next SAF, we have said promotion is not the goal, we have publicly critised our own players, and we have  now have a temporary team in charge who no one is really sure what is expected of them, except to fall into line with the Derby way.  For some reason we are now expected to buy into this philosophy, because our chairman tells us it's the way forward, critise it and you are a lunatic, ask why did I spend this money on a season ticket if promotion is not the goal and people tell you that this league is the best and who wants to get promoted anyway....the signs definitely look good for a Derby fan at present.

5 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

If the roles were reversed, I'd be taking the piss to, we can shout from the roof tops all we like about the 9 point gap and their nutter chairman who has put them under embargo but you can't hide anyway from the fact that we look from the outside like a club is disarray.

Take away the emotions and blinkers from supporting the club, and the last few days have been pretty farcical to say the least.  We have sacked a manager for not playing "the Derby way" only months after lauding him as the next SAF, we have said promotion is not the goal, we have publicly critised our own players, and we have  now have a temporary team in charge who no one is really sure what is expected of them, except to fall into line with the Derby way.  For some reason we are now expected to buy into this philosophy, because our chairman tells us it's the way forward, critise it and you are a lunatic, ask why did I spend this money on a season ticket if promotion is not the goal and people tell you that this league is the best and who wants to get promoted anyway....the signs definitely look good for a Derby fan at present.

Bang on.... couldnt have put it better myself...

21 minutes ago, Duracell said:

I went to university in Nottingham, and people said all sorts of nasty things to me in my Derby shirt in the city centre.

The more I learn about Nottingham Forest, the less I like them. 

Brave man, was that a jaunt for the student rag week? 

53 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Brave man, was that a jaunt for the student rag week? 

Nope, just met some friends at a pub in the city centre straight after we beat Wolves 5-0 last season.

I wasn't very inconspicuous with my shirt, scarf and huge grin.

2 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Nope, just met some friends at a pub in the city centre straight after we beat Wolves 5-0 last season.

I wasn't very inconspicuous with my shirt, scarf and huge grin.

Good chance that the pub wasnt Pretty Windows or Yates in Slab Square then or it would have been tumbleweed time when you walked through the door

10 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Good chance that the pub wasnt Pretty Windows or Yates in Slab Square then or it would have been tumbleweed time when you walked through the door

Think you get the tumble-weed treatment at Yates just for walking in looking like a student, to be fair.

Archived