754 drivers fined on Raynesway

rammieib

If people are really upset about the cash cow of speed cameras and the taxing of the motorist I've got a great idea how to hit them where it hurts.

If everyone stuck to the speed limits all the time, they'd lose a fortune in fines. That'd show em.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, GboroRam said:

If people are really upset about the cash cow of speed cameras and the taxing of the motorist I've got a great idea how to hit them where it hurts.

If everyone stuck to the speed limits all the time, they'd lose a fortune in fines. That'd show em.

Revolution!!!

On 12/31/2015 at 19:46, Derbygeeza said:

The problem is not the road, or the signage, it is the motorist. Vehicles on this stretch of Raynesway passed a 30 sign typically at Keldholm La, Harvey Rd, the Nth & Sth exits etc etc. That means 30 is the limit until the next speed limit sign. There's NO requirement to post the speed limit on Raynesway as there's no change and likewise for 30 repeaters due to streetlamp spacing.

I can't see the cash strapped council providing extra signage where there's no legal obligation, and given that the likes of ALPHA who drive past signs without noticing them I doubt they would be effective! - besides it may also set the precedent for other roads (Traffic St, Bradshaw Way, Lara Croft Way, Mercian Way, Osmaston Rd near Bateman St)

ALPHA et al should be more observant - maybe buy a copy of the highway code or resit the theory test.

I drove down there doing 37 in a 30. That's my only issue i've ever ran into in my life on the roads. I drive thousands and thousands of miles per year. I think i'll be fine thank you.

Try decaf? Pull one off? You're clearly worked up. 

On 1/2/2016 at 11:25, GboroRam said:

Great idea GboroRam, but I think the guys who wrote the Highway Code might have the copyright.

I see a van every so often when driving to work through willington. There are no warning signings that speed cameras operate in the area so is this even legal? Plus it is in the sneakiest position ever located on the other side of the train tracks you have to drive across over a short hill so when you go over the tracks and down the hill it is basically right in your face ready to get you!! :huh:

I have never been caught speeding so far but always thought if there are no speed warning signs they were not allowed to put vans there?

3 hours ago, Simsy said:

I see a van every so often when driving to work through willington. There are no warning signings that speed cameras operate in the area so is this even legal? Plus it is in the sneakiest position ever located on the other side of the train tracks you have to drive across over a short hill so when you go over the tracks and down the hill it is basically right in your face ready to get you!! :huh:

I have never been caught speeding so far but always thought if there are no speed warning signs they were not allowed to put vans there?

Police aren't obliged to publish the weeks itinerary but Derbyshire do in the DET, and on the CREST Slow It Down website (not always kept up to date) where you can also download all fixed and mobile locations.

Don't rely on it too much - unforeseen circumstances means they may slot in a 'guest appearance' elsewhere

Can't see anything for Willington though - are you sure it wasn't a British Transport Police van?

4 hours ago, Derbygeeza said:

Police aren't obliged to publish the weeks itinerary but Derbyshire do in the DET, and on the CREST Slow It Down website (not always kept up to date) where you can also download all fixed and mobile locations.

Don't rely on it too much - unforeseen circumstances means they may slot in a 'guest appearance' elsewhere

Can't see anything for Willington though - are you sure it wasn't a British Transport Police van?

very sure. there is a camera on a stand outside of it and has the speed camera picture on the actual van. Don't know if its classed as willington could be classed as findern? It's basically the other side of the hill of the dragon pub. It is only there maybe once a month but i always think its very sneaky with the position and not having signs. 

Do they not have to have signs on the road then by law? 

Archived