Good friends

Wolfie

I found out last night that a good friend of mine died suddenly at the weekend.

I'd known him for getting on for 20 years and had been very close. At one point he was my boss at a company I used to work for. I moved careers and moved house. He was travelling to the far east a lot for work and we hadn't met up in quite a long time.

We kept in touch by occasional text & email but regular promsies to make the effort to meet up & catch up properly came and went. Now he's gone.

By weird coincidence I bought a very nice expensive bottle of Lebanese red wine at the weekend, one that he had introduced me to years ago but I hadn't had in ages. I will be having a drink this weekend & toasting him.

The moral of my story is that real good friends are hard to come by. Put the effort in & don't lose touch. You never know.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Life's very short ,I have had dozen's of jobs and met and found good mates at every one.We do keep in touch and I still hago out with my mates on a Friday from a job 45 years ago .

It's funny when we went out then we used to say will we still be doing this when we are in our thirties ,when we got there we said will we still be doing this in our forties etc. 

Kin hell good job all pubs now have wheel chair access.

Archived