Quick Links

Gritstone Ram

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Excellent that you've got a Quick Links thingy. The problem is when I click on results or tickets I leave this site and move on to say the BBC or ticket office web site. Can't the link open another page rather than taking me off the forum.

I know, it's something I'm looking at and had the same suggestion by email the other day, also seen it requested on the support forum as well. The problem is the whole menu at the moment uses the same code so if I added target="_blank" (opens in a new page) all links on the menu will including Forum, staff, chat etc. 

1 minute ago, Daveo said:

I know, it's something I'm looking at and had the same suggestion by email the other day, also seen it requested on the support forum as well. The problem is the whole menu at the moment uses the same code so if I added target="_blank" (opens in a new page) all links on the menu will including Forum, staff, chat etc. 

Ok. Thanks

12 hours ago, Gritters said:

Ok. Thanks

In my hungover state I had a brain wave, a brain wave that has resulted in victory, a real sense of achievement which I have given myself a pat on the back.

All praise the Daveo.

Quick links open in a new tab/window depending on your browser settings.

50 minutes ago, Daveo said:

In my hungover state I had a brain wave, a brain wave that has resulted in victory, a real sense of achievement which I have given myself a pat on the back.

All praise the Daveo.

Quick links open in a new tab/window depending on your browser settings.

It seems to work on my phone.

Thanks

On 20 November 2015 10:02:55, Daveo said:

If you are it marks all the topics within that board read, if not I haven't a clue where you are looking

Um....and whats the point of that?

• 3 months later...
55 minutes ago, Daveo said:

There is a terms of use link at the bottom of the site already

http://dcfcfans.uk/terms/

wow, somewhere it doesn't stand out. I generally ignore the very bottom of any website page, and probably always have! I wonder what else lurks down there.

It was just a suggestion Daveo, in a bid to introduce some good spirit and respect back to the forum if there was something near the top, even if temporary, something that people will notice as different.

Most of it is common sense and standard across most forums I'd like to think, I could display it in a popup before submitting reply on every post and it wouldn't make a difference.

When emotions are high and a member has the urge to call another a **** they will do regardless and that's why we have a decent group of mods to keep things in order.

Archived