Will Hughes injury-Blessing in disguise??

Rams1884

Hughes hadn't pulled up any trees, and hasn't progressed from three years ago.

yeah right.

all that shows - again - is how far removed you are.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Hughes is a strange one.  Yes he has all the technical ability and is lovely to watch but I sometimes wonder whether he affects the results of football matches often enough.

When I see George Thorne on the teamsheet I know he will influence the game.  With Hughes I am not so sure.  I am not just talking goals (which you could argue Will needs to add to his game) or assists just generally dictating the play.  I know it is greedy but I want to see Hughes running the game like he did against Leeds more often.

I think he will get there, I think he will become a decent premier league midfielder (hopefully with us) and maybe even an England player but I think at the moment I agree with some of @‌mcsilks comments and think there is a reason that the interest from the likes of Liverpool appears to have dried up (even before the injury).

I think Hughes is a strange one.  Yes he has all the technical ability and is lovely to watch but I sometimes wonder whether he affects the results of football matches often enough.

When I see George Thorne on the teamsheet I know he will influence the game.  With Hughes I am not so sure.  I am not just talking goals (which you could argue Will needs to add to his game) or assists just generally dictating the play.  I know it is greedy but I want to see Hughes running the game like he did against Leeds more often.

I think he will get there, I think he will become a decent premier league midfielder (hopefully with us) and maybe even an England player but I think at the moment I agree with some of @‌mcsilks comments and think there is a reason that the interest from the likes of Liverpool appears to have dried up (even before the injury).

Wasn't the stats last season on % of wins with and without Hughes something absolutely ridiculous? something like 30 to 40% better with him than without

Wasn't the stats last season on % of wins with and without Hughes something absolutely ridiculous? something like 30 to 40% better with him than without

Fair play if it was, he is a good player.  Maybe I expect to much.  Saying that, at one point this season the 3 games we had won were the 3 games Thorne had missed :D

Archived