Season Ticket Prices Frozen

Day

Given the way that the international PL TV rights deals are tracking, the play off final this season could be worth £180m+. Conservative estimates are that the international deals will rise from £750m a season to over £1bn a season. So far in every international market where the negotiations/bidding has been completed, the rights have at least doubled in value. We are looking at a combined deal for the next 3 seasons (domestic deals too) of between £8.1bn and £9.6bn. 

The PL have already committed to greater resources being distributed to the football league, hence why I think we saw some right old big bids doing the rounds this summer. I am sure the club are more than aware of the entire situation. Our ticket revenue is absolute peanuts in comparison to PL status. Mel looks like he not only understands the bigger picture, is being incredibly pro active, but also doesn't appear to be like some other clubs that think they can continue to shaft their fans when they don't need to. 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given the way that the international PL TV rights deals are tracking, the play off final this season could be worth £180m+. Conservative estimates are that the international deals will rise from £750m a season to over £1bn a season. So far in every international market where the negotiations/bidding has been completed, the rights have at least doubled in value. We are looking at a combined deal for the next 3 seasons (domestic deals too) of between £8.1bn and £9.6bn. 

The PL have already committed to greater resources being distributed to the football league, hence why I think we saw some right old big bids doing the rounds this summer. I am sure the club are more than aware of the entire situation. Our ticket revenue is absolute peanuts in comparison to PL status. Mel looks like he not only understands the bigger picture, is being incredibly pro active, but also doesn't appear to be like some other clubs that think they can continue to shaft their fans when they don't need to. 

Blimey

Archived